Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Dream
Strange Dream
I had an odd dream last night where the current expansion rate of the universe was in direct corrilation with the natural density of matter.

The basic feeling was that the only reason matter behaved the way I was used to was because the universe was expanding but this would soon come to an end and matter would return to its natural state of super dense.

So I thought I'd write it down before I forgot about it...
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Strange Dream
What were you dreaming or doing the day before??? lololol
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
I have no idea, but I was testing my Son's psp by putting a film called Cosmos War of the Planets on it Dodgy
LOLOL..... Nice..

So the question I have is, sense the Universe is still expanding, but it's going to stop and go back to its original state of super dense; are you saying that the universe will retract and collapse on itself? Or in another way?
In my dream the universe was in a very fragile state that could suddenly change at any minute. The fact that it had lasted as it is long enough for us to be here was just chance.

In reality, it's probably going to keep on expanding until we collide with our 'sister' membrane again as we did 13.7 billion years ago. And who knows what next time will bring Big Grin
Quote:And who knows what next time will bring

Hopefully a more stable universe.....Tongue
I heard that Lawrence Kraus more recently calculated that the universe isn't going to retract or stop expanding in anyway in fact...that it's actually going to keep on expanding and expanding and expanding - presumably indefinitely.

Unless the calculations have changed again since then?

EvF
I agree, due to the force of dark energy (whatever that is) which will eventually expand it so much that not even the strong nuclear force will be able to resist it.
If there is any subject that I wish I could go back to College on it would be Physics. I took a little while getting my BA in Chemistry, but nothing major. Languages was my double while taking Chem.

Physics has always fascinated me (along with confused..lol).... Maybe one day I'll have that chance..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seems strange to me Ahriman 8 542 August 23, 2023 at 9:49 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1178 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  All I Have To Do Is Dream Brian37 31 1438 July 14, 2020 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  It's a little bit strange to....... Cod 8 1858 July 7, 2019 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why do I keep having this same dream or at least a variation of it GODZILLA 13 1695 February 18, 2019 at 2:29 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Britain can be a bit strange! zebo-the-fat 37 3017 January 5, 2019 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Just had my first proper lucid dream ErGingerbreadMandude 33 4251 February 17, 2018 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Question about ouija boards after strange experience Arsoo 110 18120 October 6, 2017 at 3:42 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Post your dream girl Macoleco 119 19034 October 28, 2016 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Athene
  Strange things sold on Amazon Joods 7 1732 August 22, 2016 at 2:09 am
Last Post: rado84