Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surprise! Scotland's imams oppose gay marriage
Surprise! Scotland's imams oppose gay marriage
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-sc...s-17753462

Quote:Muslim leaders from Scotland's biggest city have voiced their opposition to gay marriage.

The Scottish government has been consulting on whether to bring in a law which would allow churches to hold same-sex wedding ceremonies.

The Council of Glasgow Imams said such a legal move would be an "attack" on their faith and fundamental beliefs.
Cunt
RE: Surprise! Scotland's imams oppose gay marriage
The phrase "That attacks my faith" is too overused. When equality insults you or even attacks you, you should know you're in the wrong.
Since they say it takes more faith to be an atheist*, that means we have even more faith then they do. That makes it all the more injurious when they do things that "attack" our faith. Therefore, by their standards, we have more of a claim to get rid of all the things we find offensive, like their entire religion!

* OK, technically I'm a deist but same principle applies.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Thats really out of character for Imams.. Normally they are very pro equality in all forms of life..
(April 18, 2012 at 1:45 pm)tobie Wrote: The phrase "That attacks my faith" is too overused. When equality insults you or even attacks you, you should know you're in the wrong.

If your faith is being attacked, that means we still see you are a fellow human being. If we don't attack your faith, that means we've written you off from the homo genus and consider you a un unteachable chimp.
Why are there imams in Scotland and who gives a flying fuck what they think?

If they don't like Scotland let them go back to their desert where they can fuck all the camels they like.
Are these imams missionary. What are they doing Scotland. Thinking
You do realise Muslims live in the UK too right?
People have the right to practice whatever religion they want. I'm cool with that. But, it doesn't mean their opinion means anything.
Cunt
(April 18, 2012 at 4:57 pm)frankiej Wrote: People have the right to practice whatever religion they want. I'm cool with that. But, it doesn't mean their opinion means anything.

This. A trillion times this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Victims of pedophile priests and imams help create more victims with silence. Greatest I am 3 1367 February 26, 2016 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Religion & Marriage miaharun 6 1809 November 5, 2015 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Catholics are victims of marriage equality (apparently) piterski123 76 10795 July 5, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Gay marriage finally legalized. piterski123 16 6839 June 29, 2015 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Regina
  #Hometovote (On Irish Marriage Equality) Fidel_Castronaut 4 1904 May 24, 2015 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Same-sex marriage is stealing rights from God Foxaèr 52 13571 July 27, 2014 at 8:33 am
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  inter caste marriage problem intellectual atheist 15 3929 July 21, 2014 at 2:26 am
Last Post: intellectual atheist
  Christian scholars: 1 man, 1 woman isn't the Bible's only marriage view little_monkey 5 3694 June 4, 2013 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Big Surprise: Sex And Alcohol Make You Happier Than Kids And Religion, Study Finds Gooders1002 2 2904 May 11, 2013 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Violet
  All the whackos are not in Scotland A_Nony_Mouse 0 943 May 7, 2013 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse