Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 4:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Jesus would rather kill, not marry, gay people" - Franklin Graham
"Jesus would rather kill, not marry, gay people" - Franklin Graham
Quote:Responding to former President Jimmy Carter’s statement that Jesus would support same-sex marriage, Trump supporter and supposed Christian, Franklin Graham launched a blistering attack on Facebook.

Jesus wouldn’t bless gay couples, the far right minister says. Instead, God would kill them all.

“Jesus didn’t come to promote sin, He came to save us from sin,” Graham wrote. “The Bible is very clear. God destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality. God defines sin in His Word—it’s not up to our opinion, the latest poll, or a popular vote.”

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2018/07/fran...not-marry/

The theistic Evangelical version of Jesus:
[Image: jesus-with-gun.jpg]
RE: "Jesus would rather kill, not marry, gay people" - Franklin Graham
Problem being, 4000 year old "morality" that would allow for the killing of disobedient children, has no place in the modern world.

Neither do those who claim to speak for an imaginary beings.
Dying to live, living to die.
He is a sick, twisted Mother Fucker isn 't he?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

I wouldn’t disagree with the words that Graham had said. Other than perhaps I think it’s incorrect, to make out that Sodom and Gomorrah was just about homosexuality. I believe the Bible indicates that they where beyond redemption, and immoral in a number of different ways.

I have heard it said and agree, that the Gospel has two parts, and if you are neglecting either part, then you are not teaching the Gospel. The first part is about the seriousness and consequences of sin, the second part is about God’s love, mercy and redemption. Jesus saved the woman caught in adultery, but he also told her to go and sin no more. He didn’t condone sin. He taught to love our neighbor and our enemy, but he also said to repent or you too shall perish.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
So a flowery excuse for homophobia
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

If it weren't for religion, homophobia would be near universally condemned in America. But at least we're at the point that I expect most nominal Christians would disagree with Graham, perhaps some silently.
I’m against homophobia.... but agree with what Graham said.    Well at least when the term homophobia is used correctly.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
If Jesus would really kill people for being gay, then that's a point against him. Not gays.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Quote:I’m against homophobia....

If you agree with Graham your not 

Quote: but agree with what Graham said.    
Then you above statement is false 

Quote:Well at least when the term homophobia is used correctly.
Nope when it used correct it still applies to you
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Why is it always the christians who shit on their magic books like know nothings?

Quote:Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me...

Sounds like it was more serious than a handy between adam and steve.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It Must Kill These Baptist Shitballs. Minimalist 49 8911 April 17, 2018 at 5:53 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Atheists, Who would You Rather Have as a Neighbor Rhondazvous 56 7259 November 18, 2017 at 6:11 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Theists, Who would You Rather Have as a Neighbor Rhondazvous 23 7733 November 10, 2017 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If Jesus is not true Sonah 41 9013 October 9, 2017 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  My dad wants me to marry another christian Der/die AtheistIn 40 8151 September 23, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: mordant
  Why Jesus is not the messiah. Creed of Heresy 59 13855 December 30, 2016 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: Egyptian
  Christians - even the Bible says that Jesus was not God so why do you say he was ? jenny1972 299 43013 November 3, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
Question "Thou shall not kill" commandment is hypocritical? pocaracas 92 17819 August 26, 2015 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Would this be all we need to prove God exists? Or would it require more than this? IanHulett 30 5639 January 21, 2015 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: watchamadoodle
  being told to kill myself by someone who supposedly believe in God mainethinker 266 40390 January 18, 2015 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Mental Outlaw