Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
life is too short for me !
life is too short for me !
There's this question that has been looking for an answer . I was a Muslim , not a good one though ! But the one thing that i liked about my religion or other religions is that everyone will be reborn after death . And as a good person, i know if that ever happened id go to heaven . But on the other hand , im still confused about god's existence .when i think that this is my only chance to live ,i freak out ! Dont you all agree that its totally unfair to live only one life and die like u never existed unless you're queen Victoria .i
RE: life is too short for me !
(April 21, 2012 at 3:24 am)Memz Wrote: Dont you all agree that its totally unfair to live only one life and die like u never existed

Why is that unfair?
Quote:Don't you all agree that it's totally unfair to live only one life and die like you never existed unless you're queen Victoria .

Of course I do not agree. Life is neither fair nor unfair,it simply is.
Life is the longest thing you'll ever do.
I find it kind of liberating, actually. Every time I worry about what someone thinks of me or whether I 'should' be living my life this way or that, I remember that in a couple hundred years I'll be a corpse and so will everyone I know.
I'm not really worried. We really don't need to be thinking about things which are completely beyond the reality we know. It's a waste of time. But yeah it's just like going to sleep every night when you drop into oblivion for 8 hours, except this time it's just a little longer.
Why should life be fair? The universe owes us nothing.
The key is to stop dwelling on how "unfair" it is and make the best out of the one life you have. We can all wish we had more time or more chances at life, but even if we did, this is the life we are living now. The idea is not to blow it.
I don't really care about death. I don't fear it. You won't even know that you're dead. It will just happen, and then... nothing.
What about the unfortunate people or the babies who died before they were even born . Did they have their chance by the laws of the universe ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can too much respect be bad? Fake Messiah 48 4508 January 14, 2020 at 11:28 am
Last Post: roofinggiant
  Best response to "You are being too bookish and nerdy!"? FlatAssembler 25 3188 April 5, 2018 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Very short version of the long argument. Mystic 68 10630 September 18, 2017 at 9:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Short essay on dualism, idealism, & materialism as concerns Q: What is a table? Mudhammam 28 4625 February 27, 2017 at 3:02 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15382 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Hatred: Too good to give up? Ashground 23 4906 June 21, 2015 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: popsthebuilder
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4098 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Is it too early or late to judge the enlightenment? I and I 31 7594 December 11, 2013 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  The burden of wisdom/enlightenment, being good is too hard! Mystic 24 7691 May 16, 2013 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Godscreated