Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is thinking/ talking to self in head unhealthy?
Is thinking/ talking to self in head unhealthy?
I used to be crazy and hyper religious. Thinking every bad thing was punishment from God
also believed I had a imaginary gf but I believed she was real, I'd talk to her in my head and even out loud, and guess make her response in my head
But cutting that out, but I still talk to myself alot and wonder if its healthy.
like today in my head I'm like is it 8 yet? Then look at clock and said nah dude wait a bit longer for brekfast

Got couple More questions but want to just ask this for now
thanks

RE: Is thinking/ talking to self in head unhealthy?
(April 22, 2012 at 9:58 am)zentor Wrote: I used to be crazy and hyper religious. Thinking every bad thing was punishment from God
also believed I had a imaginary gf but I believed she was real, I'd talk to her in my head and even out loud, and guess make her response in my head
But cutting that out, but I still talk to myself alot and wonder if its healthy.
like today in my head I'm like is it 8 yet? Then look at clock and said nah dude wait a bit longer for brekfast

Got couple More questions but want to just ask this for now
thanks

What does this have to do with atheism? Maybe you should ask on a psychotic....I mean psychology forum.
Re: Is thinking/ talking to self in head unhealthy?
That's why went for philosophy, and I go to a psych forum but they just give me Christian advice
And I'm not crazy
Had some very bad experiences and trying my best to recover
If what you say is true, it would be irresponsible for anyone here to give you advice unless that person is a psychologist. It sounds like you need the help of a mental professional.
Re: RE: Is thinking/ talking to self in head unhealthy?
(April 22, 2012 at 10:10 am)Paul the Human Wrote: If what you say is true, it would be irresponsible for anyone here to give you advice unless that person is a psychologist. It sounds like you need the help of a mental professional.

Just asking simple question

Do you guys talk/think to yourself in your head?
No. Not to the extent that you've described. If I did, I would seek professsional help. My answer was not sarcasm or a joke at your expense. It was meant to be taken seriously.
(April 22, 2012 at 10:10 am)Paul the Human Wrote: If what you say is true, it would be irresponsible for anyone here to give you advice unless that person is a psychologist. It sounds like you need the help of a mental professional.

Yes...and by all means stay away from these nutty jesus freaks.
(April 22, 2012 at 10:12 am)zentor Wrote: Do you guys talk/think to yourself in your head?
Yes, but as Paul said, it's not to the extent that you describe. I have an "inner voice" that is effectively my conscience, making sure I don't make bad decisions (often). I don't "talk" to it in the same way I would talk to another person.
Quote:Do you guys talk/think to yourself in your head?

EVeryone...except nutty xtians...thinks. Normal people understand that such thinking has nothing to do with any "god."
(April 22, 2012 at 10:12 am)zentor Wrote: Just asking simple question

Do you guys talk/think to yourself in your head?

I often talk to myself in my head not like a full on chat. Sometimes if I just thought something really odd when im tired I say something out loud like "What the fuck?" or something similar.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  self illusion joe90 18 3117 April 8, 2019 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: no one
  Is atheism self-contradictory ? Parsim0ny 259 82838 July 3, 2017 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  I was thinking... dyresand 22 4183 April 22, 2017 at 2:49 am
Last Post: dyresand
  material self-dismantle truth_seeker 10 2340 March 14, 2016 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Talking to children about death rossrocks88 10 3782 July 22, 2015 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Thinking of death dyresand 27 7219 February 23, 2015 at 3:40 pm
  On Unbelief: II. Thinking About Thinking Mudhammam 0 1102 December 14, 2014 at 5:57 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
Photo Atheism liberated me from pointless thinking,and made my life enjoyable. MountainsWinAgain 72 18996 October 30, 2014 at 10:54 am
Thumbs Up Man who wore colander on his head for licence photo says it is part of Church of FSM MountainsWinAgain 19 5196 June 24, 2014 at 8:13 am
Last Post: RobbyPants
  For the Thinking Man. Artur Axmann 101 23938 May 29, 2014 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire