Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man who wore colander on his head for licence photo says it is part of Church of FSM
Thumbs Up 
Man who wore colander on his head for licence photo says it is part of Church of FSM
Quote:AN Adelaide man who had his gun licence photo taken with a colander on his head says it is significant to his religion — the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster — and he should not have had to undertake a psychological test.

Guy Albon, a 30-year-old disability worker in Adelaide, said his four guns and licence were confiscated by police after their attention was drawn to his firearms licence photo, which shows with him the colander.

Mr Albon, of Port Noarlunga, successfully argued he should be allowed to wear the pasta draining utensil in his licence photo because it was a religious head piece.

When he had his licence renewed last year, Mr Albon declared himself a Pastafarian and member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster , a movement that promotes a lighthearted view of religion.

He has been touched by His noodley trigger finger.

Pastafarian
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?

-Douglas Adams
RE: Man who wore colander on his head for licence photo says it is part of Church of FSM
As I've noted elsewhere, in the US, there apparently is no official test of sincerity of belief, just acknowledgment a belief has been stated. I'm aware administratively in the incarceration orbit, anything too far afield doesn't seem to fly very far, but it also is a litigation generator for prison admins, so there is a bias in that system, I think, to allow quite a bit through the 'filters'.

Having FSM co-equal with god, jesus, buddha, is interesting. That FSM is also equal with scientology and mormonism, somewhat less so.

I've posted this before, and I'll post it again:

We need more penis worshippers.
RE: Man who wore colander on his head for licence photo says it is part of Church of FSM
But which penis is the one true penis?
....and is it circumcised?
All men are penis worshipers.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Is the FSM any less credible that Jesus?
All we need is to discover some buried golden tablets which talk about it and then it will become a "real" legally recognised religion.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 22, 2014 at 7:49 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Is the FSM any less credible that Jesus?
All we need is to discover some buried golden tablets which talk about it and then it will become a "real" legally recognised religion.

Actually, it is a legitimate recognized religion, legally. I am a legally recognized ordained minister with all the powers of the church to marry people.

I have my certificate and letter of good standing with the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I need only present them to get the legal papers to marry people. I have just as much power to do so as say a local Presbyterian church.

This also means I could show up in a bathrobe, colander and the bride and groom could dress up like pirates. I could say a wonderful noodly prayer ending with "Ramen" and they would be married.

No golden tablets necessary Smile

praise his noodly appendages. ramen.
Shows us some proof this legal religion. I find it absurd!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
As far as the united states is concerned, this is all I need. 'Merica.
[Image: Wgkj69h.jpg]

My thumb looks fat. It isn't though.
What's in it for you?
Describe your heaven and/or hell on spaghetti land for me.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3266 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  James Randi deserves his own RIP thread. Brian37 27 1913 January 6, 2021 at 11:39 am
Last Post: RozzerusUnrelentus
  Local woman says only way she has survived during COVID is faith Tomatoshadow2 41 2661 December 21, 2020 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Philosophical Failures of Christian Apologetics, Part 11: The Holy Spirit Cepheus Ace 18 2939 June 22, 2020 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  scripture says we atheists believe in god android17ak47 17 3149 October 21, 2018 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3447 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Why Atheism/Secular Humanism... Part II TheReal 53 25619 April 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Best part of atheism for you Alexmahone 43 6251 January 9, 2018 at 10:34 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  a challenge All atheists There is inevitably a Creator. Logic says that suni_muslim 65 14155 November 28, 2017 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  His wish sounds familiar purplepurpose 1 911 November 16, 2017 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger