Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was thinking...
I was thinking...
You know that saying... "it was apart of gods plan" or "it's because god willed it"
or other bullshit like that

You know that would make the believers own god out to be the hugest asshole if someone where to say it
in the most inappropriate times.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: I was thinking...
"Oh no. My church burned down and dozens of people died horribly!"

"It was all part of god's plan!"

I can see how that would piss of many of them.
Dying to live, living to die.
god in the bible willed many atrocities which believers refuse.
i mean if they take the bible as literal truth then they can't ignore the fact
god willed people to murder, rape, pillage, etc. Also they can't pull the ten
commandments out of their ass either because those laws were in the OT
and not to mention moses destroyed them.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
That's where that smoke is coming from!

(April 17, 2017 at 8:51 pm)dyresand Wrote: god in the bible willed many atrocities which believers refuse.
i mean if they take the bible as literal truth then they can't ignore the fact
god willed people to murder, rape, pillage, etc. Also they can't pull the ten
commandments out of their ass either because those laws were in the OT
and not to mention moses destroyed them.

The ignorance level is quite amazing.

Those who scream quotes from Leviticus against gay marriage while they have tattoos, mixed fabrics, etc. are a special kind of stupid.
I assume you're talking about god's bad things, that old disease and destruction chestnut.

Ever notice that those events are not referred to as "god's miracles"? Glory be, the tsunami killed 400K, it's a miracle from god.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 17, 2017 at 8:52 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: That's where that smoke is coming from!

It wasn't me!

Angel
(April 17, 2017 at 8:48 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: "Oh no.  My church burned down and dozens of people died horribly!"

"It was all part of god's plan!"

I can see how that would piss of many of them.

The muslims always give it the Inshallah bullshit...as if that makes it all better.
(April 17, 2017 at 8:56 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I assume you're talking about god's bad things, that old disease and destruction chestnut.

Ever notice that those events are not referred to as "god's miracles"? Glory be, the tsunami killed 400K, it's a miracle from god.

Believers these days or some of them call natural disasters that kill people 'miracles'.
There is a special type of ignorance and apathy that goes into that line of thinking.

Code:
(April 17, 2017 at 9:27 pm)dyresand Wrote:
(April 17, 2017 at 8:56 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I assume you're talking about god's bad things, that old disease and destruction chestnut.

Believers these days or some of them call natural disasters that kill people 'miracles'.
There is a special type of ignorance and apathy that goes into that line of thinking.

bold mine

Only if they kill the "right" people. The Texas "they needed killin" people.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thinking of death dyresand 27 7290 February 23, 2015 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  On Unbelief: II. Thinking About Thinking Mudhammam 0 1106 December 14, 2014 at 5:57 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
Photo Atheism liberated me from pointless thinking,and made my life enjoyable. MountainsWinAgain 72 19394 October 30, 2014 at 10:54 am
Last Post: dyresand
  For the Thinking Man. Artur Axmann 101 24353 May 29, 2014 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  A history text I was thinking attempting Lemonvariable72 8 3228 September 26, 2013 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Is this the atheistic way of thinking Moira 13 5674 September 24, 2013 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Moira
  Thinking about getting a Team-speak Server jpell 2 1497 June 12, 2013 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: jpell
  Study: Analytic thinking can decrease religious belief Ziploc Surprise 4 3155 May 10, 2012 at 12:44 am
Last Post: el_presidente
  atheism and irrational thinking josef rosenkranz 8 4419 May 1, 2012 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Child of Stardust
  Is thinking/ talking to self in head unhealthy? zentor 17 9663 April 30, 2012 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: jackman