Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Communicating with Him
Communicating with Him
I just want to ask you theists how you know when God has spoken to you? I don't mean to ask this in a mocking sort of way or anything of the sort. I sincerely want to hear from you guys how it happens.

You don't necessarily have to share a particular instance of this happening, as I don't want to create a thread where atheists will come and start making fun of it or whatever. Actually.. I guess it's kind of hard to ask this question and not have people start posting silly stuff as a bi product of my question..

Anyways, I'm just interested because it seems like every Christian friend I have has had personal conversations with God.. So is there a definite way of knowing?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
RE: Communicating with Him
I get a text message. It says that it is from "Father"... I can only assume that it is the big G.

Cunt
One just needs to learn how to interpret digital clocks correctly.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
i'm interested in this too. i hear so many people i know say that he speaks to them thru dreams, vibe, etc... one person you simply can't count on because before she leaves her house to go ANYWHERE, she asks god first. "lord forbid" he tells her that it's not good to leave, she won't call or anything, she simply won't show up. smh.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
(April 23, 2012 at 10:09 am)FallentoReason Wrote: I just want to ask you theists how you know when God has spoken to you? I don't mean to ask this in a mocking sort of way or anything of the sort. I sincerely want to hear from you guys how it happens.

You don't necessarily have to share a particular instance of this happening, as I don't want to create a thread where atheists will come and start making fun of it or whatever. Actually.. I guess it's kind of hard to ask this question and not have people start posting silly stuff as a bi product of my question..

Anyways, I'm just interested because it seems like every Christian friend I have has had personal conversations with God.. So is there a definite way of knowing?

See why Christians are reluctant to answer such questions. Prayer is a precious and personal activity to us and we do not care for others to mock us for it. Since PMs are not necessarily private you might not even get answers that way.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Yeah...not to mention that you are batshit crazy on top of it, G-C.
(April 23, 2012 at 1:46 pm)Godschild Wrote: Prayer is a precious and personal activity to us and we do not care for others to mock us for it.

So is masturbation. If you don't want to be mocked for it, you shouldn't trumpet it so publicly.

Many years ago, I was tuckpointing in my basement which is fairly repetitive work. Consequently, my mind wandered while working. Various topics like what to have for dinner, hoping my grout mix was right, whatever. Out of nowhere I had a very strong intuition. No visions or voices, just this very strong and deep seated insight. I just knew that the scriptures were alive in some real and important sense, particularly the Torah. Not the ink and paper, but the significance of each letter and phrase filling the text with a transcendent vitality. I was familiar with this concept from reading Swedenborg a long time ago. At that time I had dismissed his writings as fantastic mystical nonsense, but I knew, just knew, that he was on to something. I also knew that, because every word and letter was important, it was critical that I learn biblical Hebrew (which I started although progress has been slow.) Because of this, my main form of prayer is study and deep contemplation of the text. As I reflect on the scriptures, I feel a change in myself, opening to be more attentive to the operations of Providence.
(April 23, 2012 at 10:09 am)FallentoReason Wrote: You don't necessarily have to share a particular instance of this happening, as I don't want to create a thread where atheists will come and start making fun of it or whatever. Actually.. I guess it's kind of hard to ask this question and not have people start posting silly stuff as a bi product of my question..

Is it possible to resist such a temptation? Big Grin

(April 23, 2012 at 2:14 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Is it possible to resist such a temptation? Big Grin
Who was it that said, "I can resist anything, except temptation."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UCKG: Church tells boy 'evil spirit' hides in him zebo-the-fat 1 361 December 11, 2023 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Rainbow (He/Him/His) No penis, identifies as a male Nihilist Virus 25 1978 April 17, 2021 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Too Late Fucktards. You Own Him Now. Minimalist 10 1518 October 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2681 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  God said People who have Flat Noses Canot Serve Him Rhondazvous 177 20538 May 3, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Loving Him means loving "them" Strider 9 2964 February 21, 2015 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Well...Have To Give Him This One. Minimalist 12 2153 September 10, 2014 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Christianity's god says that we are not worthy without him. Brakeman 19 3567 January 25, 2014 at 12:27 am
Last Post: orangebox21
  Bashing Homosexuality and Everyone is Behind Him Yahweh 3 2054 December 25, 2013 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Yahweh
  Why would Satan want souls? What use are they to him? Brakeman 103 27877 September 3, 2013 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: ronedee