Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Play Series
Let's Play Series
I've always dismissed Let's Play series because I couldn't understand why I'd want to watch someone else play a game, but I must confess my mind was changed totally by Freeman's Mind and The Spoony Experiment.

Freeman's Mind

The Spoony Experiment: Let's Play Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of the Flesh

Keen to waste more of my time watching stuff like this; any suggestions for funny let's play series?
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
RE: Let's Play Series
I first watched Freeman's Mind a few years ago. It's one of the most hilarious machinima creations I've ever seen.

I recently started watching KSIOlajidebt since Napoleon posted a few videos of his. He is by far the best FIFA commentator in the world, and he's recently started playing a load of other games on his secondary channel.
RE: Let's Play Series
I recall TheSpoonyOne's review of FFVIII was funny. I've been watching some Let's Plays of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus recently myself. If you find a commentator / host / whatever you like it adds a whole new dimension to things. I personally enjoy NintendoCapriSun's LPs, particularly when he goes on non game related tangents. I don't mind watching other people play games if they're RPGs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upcoming games you want to play Foxaèr 13 2021 October 6, 2022 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Anyone here play GTA Online? copiedusername 2 679 December 17, 2019 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: copiedusername
  Would you play Pacman if he looked like this? Mechaghostman2 10 2196 November 4, 2019 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Destiny 2 base game will go Free to play Cepheus Ace 0 369 June 7, 2019 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Let's play Holy Text misprints! FebruaryOfReason 0 554 February 22, 2016 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  Does anyone play CAH? Losty 2 886 September 24, 2015 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Losty
  Anyone play Project Zomboid? dyresand 0 724 August 2, 2015 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Does anyone play terraria? Mental Outlaw 1 833 July 26, 2015 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Exian
  Anyone Here Play the Sims Games? ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 5 1188 July 23, 2015 at 5:26 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Fallout series on sale on steam this weekend abaris 2 926 June 7, 2015 at 5:52 am
Last Post: ignoramus