Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know creationists that believe this?
Anyone know creationists that believe this?
Creationists that I know: Change is limited. Evolution can occur but only on a small scale within species. Dinosaurs? Oh they didn't get on Noah's ark because they were creatures created by man within a period of less than 2,000 years from genetic experiments.

Anybody else know anyone who knows creationists that believe that Dinosaurs were created by genetic modification and/or selective breeding?
RE: Anyone know creationists that believe this?
Thank fucking FSM that I don't actually know any creationists, let alone one that would believe something like this.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Nope, never heard that. But I have heard Creationists say that Dinosaur bones and findings are fake. Go figure..
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
(April 30, 2012 at 6:41 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Thank fucking FSM that I don't actually know any creationists, let alone one that would believe something like this.

It's very comical to listen to actually. Most also believe that there was a thin layer of some kind of metal or something that covered the earth that picked up radio waves from the stars and played music; that besides the ice that was up there that blocked radiation allowing people to live so long. ROFLOL
Oh, and some also believe that the pre-flood humans were advanced technologically, and even had the capability to fly using the earth's magnetic field as propulsion LOL
I haven't actually heard that one... but, throw a stone in any fundie church and you're sure to hit someone who does believe all of the above.
I've never heard that one. Creationists usually say they brought the dinosaurs on the ark. The really crazy ones like Hovind actually believe that lizards are really just tiny dinosaurs. Hovind thinks that lizards never stop growing so dinosaurs were really just "big lizards" who got that big because they lived hundreds of years. Arrgghh
(April 30, 2012 at 7:00 pm)libalchris Wrote:
(April 30, 2012 at 6:41 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Thank fucking FSM that I don't actually know any creationists, let alone one that would believe something like this.

It's very comical to listen to actually. Most also believe that there was a thin layer of some kind of metal or something that covered the earth that picked up radio waves from the stars and played music; that besides the ice that was up there that blocked radiation allowing people to live so long. ROFLOL
Oh, and some also believe that the pre-flood humans were advanced technologically, and even had the capability to fly using the earth's magnetic field as propulsion LOL

Some of that sounds like the writings of "Dr" Baugh, a creationist from Texas. He's really whacked as far as creationists go.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(April 30, 2012 at 8:06 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: I've never heard that one. Creationists usually say they brought the dinosaurs on the ark. The really crazy ones like Hovind actually believe that lizards are really just tiny dinosaurs. Hovind thinks that lizards never stop growing so dinosaurs were really just "big lizards" who got that big because they lived hundreds of years. Arrgghh
(April 30, 2012 at 7:00 pm)libalchris Wrote:

Some of that sounds like the writings of "Dr" Baugh, a creationist from Texas. He's really whacked as far as creationists go.

I've actually been to his museum once. Pretty whack. He's the guy who claimed that human and dinosaur footprints were found together, right? That was pretty ridiculous.
(April 30, 2012 at 8:32 pm)libalchris Wrote: ...
I've actually been to his museum once. Pretty whack. He's the guy who claimed that human and dinosaur footprints were found together, right? That was pretty ridiculous.

Yeah, he is. I went to his "museum" too when I was 7 years old. It was just a mobile home then but he was building a life size Noah's ark at the time nearby. He had a TV show on TBN for a while too.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(April 30, 2012 at 6:42 pm)Loading Please Wait Wrote: Nope, never heard that. But I have heard Creationists say that Dinosaur bones and findings are fake. Go figure..

And I have heard that some creationists believe that dinosaurs (and all the other megafauna) managed to get on the ark, but that the air became irradiated as a result of the Great Flood, and it became harder for them to breathe.

For more information (and much lulz) read There Go the Dinosaurs from Chick Publications:
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1038/1038_01.asp

And also, according to Jack Chick, the serpent in the Garden of Eden was a Velociraptor. Seriously.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(April 30, 2012 at 8:37 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: ...
And also, according to Jack Chick, the serpent in the Garden of Eden was a Velociraptor. Seriously.

Jack Chick tracts would make hilarious movies. They'd rival Mel Brooks.
My ignore list

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  23% of Aussies are Young Earth Creationists Justtristo 16 6112 June 18, 2012 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Justtristo