Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
23% of Aussies are Young Earth Creationists
23% of Aussies are Young Earth Creationists
The Age back in 2009 reported on a poll done on Australians religious beliefs and when it came to peoples opinions on evolution. The results were a bit surprising to me.

23% believed god created us less than 10,000 years ago.
32% Believed god had an active role in the evolutionary process through a long process.
42% believe in evolution with god playing no role.

Among Australian Christians (who made up 51% of those polled) 38% agreed with the first proposition, 47% with the second propisition and just 12% with the last proposition.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/faith-...-l5qy.html
undefined
RE: 23% of Aussies are Young Earth Creationists
Seriously?! It really doesn't seem that way in reality. I bumped into a creationist for the first time after being here for 5 years already... they're pretty scarce in Perth.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(June 17, 2012 at 4:46 am)Justtristo Wrote: 23% believed god created us less than 10,000 years ago.

I hope that's not true. Well, I guess it's a good thing my pride isn't tied up in national identity.
(June 17, 2012 at 4:51 am)FallentoReason Wrote: Seriously?! It really doesn't seem that way in reality. I bumped into a creationist for the first time after being here for 5 years already... they're pretty scarce in Perth.

Oh, they're about.

I've met 'em.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(June 17, 2012 at 5:23 am)Zen Badger Wrote:
(June 17, 2012 at 4:51 am)FallentoReason Wrote: Seriously?! It really doesn't seem that way in reality. I bumped into a creationist for the first time after being here for 5 years already... they're pretty scarce in Perth.

Oh, they're about.

I've met 'em.

Yeah, after some time getting to know some of them I now know where they reside Tongue
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
Just goes to show what a good job we did of cleaning out our religious nuts back in the day.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I'd be perfectly happy to ship you 138,000,000 of ours....
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
No thanks. We're good.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(June 17, 2012 at 1:53 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: No thanks. We're good.

You are still way behind us in the percentage of jesus-freak morons walking around unsupervised.
There has to be something wrong with the English speaking people outside of UK.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Refuting the Flat-Earth theory FlatAssembler 146 8024 April 8, 2023 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Creationist, flat Earth, antivaxer etc stuff Dave B 26 5034 December 21, 2017 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Music What is your opinion on Flat Earth theory? MitjaHD 91 17726 August 8, 2017 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Research "Flat Earth" Foxaèr 20 4694 June 17, 2017 at 6:20 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do any 'leading/accomplished' scientists support young earth theory? GhostofZeus 22 12445 June 21, 2012 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Anyone know creationists that believe this? libalchris 30 11887 May 22, 2012 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Young-earth creationist Kent Hovind's doctoral dissertation orogenicman 39 14806 March 8, 2012 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Young Earth Creationism - Assumptions & Worldviews? Sam 0 1657 December 30, 2010 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Sam