Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:06 pm

Poll: Would you save 100 atheists, or 4 Christians?
This poll is closed.
100 atheists
100.00%
7 100.00%
4 Christians
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians: Saving the Damned?
Star 
Christians: Saving the Damned?
I have a question for Christians out there.
I know only Christians won't vote or reply, I do understand this is an atheist forum, but I do encourage everyone to give their opinion, but would like only Christians to vote.

This is purely theoretical and similar scenarios could happen one day.

If it was a life or death situation for a group of 100 atheists (all strangers), or a family of four that are Christians, (all strangers again) and you could only save one group of them, who would you save?

Would you save the lives of 4 Christians over 100 atheists?

Or would you chose the lives of 100 civilians over 4?
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
RE: Christians: Saving the Damned?
(May 1, 2012 at 9:59 pm)Loading Please Wait Wrote: I have a question for Christians out there.
I know only Christians won't vote or reply, I do understand this is an atheist forum, but I do encourage everyone to give their opinion, but would like only Christians to vote.

This is purely theoretical and similar scenarios could happen one day.

If it was a life or death situation for a group of 100 atheists, or a family of four that are Christians, and you could only save one group of them, who would you save?

Would you save the lives of 4 Christians over 100 atheists?

Or would you chose the lives of 100 civilians over 4?
It depended on who were the four verse the 100. Numbers do not mean anything without context.

(May 1, 2012 at 10:04 pm)Drich Wrote: It depended on who were the four verse the 100. Numbers do not mean anything without context.

Sorry for not clarifying; All strangers.

then what does it matter who dies?
(May 1, 2012 at 10:11 pm)Drich Wrote: then what does it matter who dies?

Yes.
(May 1, 2012 at 10:11 pm)Drich Wrote: then what does it matter who dies?

So you wouldn't save either?
Weren't Christians already saved? Tongue
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
My question is, would a Christian choose to let 100 atheists die over 4 Christians?

Or let 4 Christians die over 100 atheists?

Quote:It depended on who were the four verse the 100. Numbers do not mean anything without context.

When so disproportionate,numbers mean everything. I would also save 100 Christians vs 4 atheists. I do not usually judge human beings on the basis of their beliefs. (or lack of them)

Even here,I don't say our resident apologist loons are loons BECAUSE they are apologists. (That would be an ad hominem.) I think they would be loons regardless of context.Angel Cloud

Equal numbers? I might toss a coin,or look at context. Thinking
Quote:My question is, would a Christian choose to let 100 atheists die over 4 Christians?

Who cares? Makes no difference to my moral position. I would aim for what I saw as the greater good. I like to think I could not justify allowing 100 people to die to save 4. This is a hypothetical,so I'm unable to say what I would actually do until I find myself in the situation.
I'd save them all cause I'm SuperGirl and can fly. I assume they could all be saved if I can fly. If not, I will save them with my many other powers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7841 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  damned lookinforhope 46 3885 January 10, 2019 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Damned STUPID Priest yesterday . . . drfuzzy 102 7296 December 6, 2018 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31273 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51224 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  This Could Have Gone in Damned Republicunts, too, but Minimalist 20 3121 February 27, 2015 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Losty
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15813 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Damned Catoholics!! KichigaiNeko 37 7015 November 20, 2012 at 8:56 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 9947 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris