Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damned STUPID Priest yesterday . . .
Damned STUPID Priest yesterday . . .
I hope Min won't mind a variation on his thread titling modus operandi . . . 

I'm just sharing.  I enjoy playing for the choir but I wish I could find a (steady) new music side-gig that pays as well. 

Priest yesterday was talking about how Jesus "changed the world".  
He said that there were no schools and no education before Jesus, no medicine and no hospitals.  The Catholic Church created all those institutions.
Then he doubled down.  There was also no romantic love, because Jesus brought love into the world.  People were required to get married, and sex 
was only for procreation.  

Arrgghh   The stupid.  It hurts.

Thanks for letting me vent!     -- Fuzz
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
RE: Damned STUPID Priest yesterday . . .
There are a lot of young men and women who rot and get crippled from drugs. So, even if religion sounds crazy, there is worse shit out there.
(December 3, 2018 at 10:59 am)drfuzzy Wrote: I hope Min won't mind a variation on his thread titling modus operandi . . . 

I'm just sharing.  I enjoy playing for the choir but I wish I could find a (steady) new music side-gig that pays as well. 

Priest yesterday was talking about how Jesus "changed the world".  
He said that there were no schools and no education before Jesus, no medicine and no hospitals.  The Catholic Church created all those institutions.
Then he doubled down.  There was also no romantic love, because Jesus brought love into the world.  People were required to get married, and sex 
was only for procreation.  

Arrgghh   The stupid.  It hurts.

Thanks for letting me vent!     -- Fuzz

Prior polytheism, while still tribal and could be just as vicious to local rivals, was still on average far more pluralistic than the monotheism of the middle ages.

The west became more civil in spite of religion, not because of it.
I always knew the greeks and chinese were up to no good.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
‘Never trust dead Greeks and Chinese’ is my new motto.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I always knew Plato's "Academy" was really a front for a pizza-parlor child sex ring!

The bad old days.

Thank you, Jesus and Catholic Church!
(December 3, 2018 at 11:21 am)wyzas Wrote: I always knew the greeks and chinese were up to no good.

Um no. It isn't a matter of polytheism or monotheism, but the age of kings. Humans worldwide attached their local success as being the divine right of the local ruler. 

China, and Rome and India and Greeks, as well as ancient Europe all lived under local ruling families. The Greeks and Romans were often brutal in battle against each other depending on the era/king. China had some brutal rulers too in antiquity. The Terracotta warriors of ancient China were very authoritarian and Orwellian in thought. 

The only thing in human history worldwide that can be argued reasonably is that some ruling families were more tolerant than others depending on time/ruler. But no matter where in the world one lived in antiquity, you were still talking about ruling families.
(December 3, 2018 at 11:32 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(December 3, 2018 at 11:21 am)wyzas Wrote: I always knew the greeks and chinese were up to no good.

Um no. It isn't a matter of polytheism or monotheism, but the age of kings. Humans worldwide attached their local success as being the divine right of the local ruler. 

China, and Rome and India and Greeks, as well as ancient Europe all lived under local ruling families. The Greeks and Romans were often brutal in battle against each other depending on the era/king. China had some brutal rulers too in antiquity. The Terracotta warriors of ancient China were very authoritarian and Orwellian in thought. 

The only thing in human history worldwide that can be argued reasonably is that some ruling families were more tolerant than others depending on time/ruler. But no matter where in the world one lived in antiquity, you were still talking about ruling families.

Are you just fucking humor impaired?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Funny how I took the Hippocratic oath, not the Jesus oath.
Dying to live, living to die.
Getting upset about one person's worldview, religion, or ideology is about as useful as someone getting upset about their McDonald's coffee being too hot. We all believe what we believe for a reason. That doesn't necessarily make us right or wrong. It just makes us opinionated about things. If the "facts" don't match, then we know to shake our head "yay" or "nay", but what we know isn't necessarily what others know. And if they don't know what you know, then we can't logically expect (or guarantee) they will come to the same conclusion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things atheists say: Goatherders Data 45 1803 September 18, 2023 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2208 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  damned lookinforhope 46 3870 January 10, 2019 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Chile abuse priest Fernando Karadima removed by Vatican zebo-the-fat 2 912 September 28, 2018 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pennsylvannia Pedo Priest HORROR vorlon13 124 6348 August 19, 2018 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Priest publicly wishes for Pope's quick death... c172 18 4831 March 22, 2018 at 1:10 am
Last Post: c172
  Priest Shortage ?? vorlon13 24 6282 November 24, 2017 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Yet another child molesting priest zebo-the-fat 18 2188 April 13, 2017 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  CATHOLICS, heads up if you were abused by your priest!...... 21stCenturyIconoclast 110 15227 January 12, 2017 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  There's a Reason Why Christians do Stupid Things Rhondazvous 37 6990 October 26, 2016 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous