Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 3:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dawkins apparently PWND
Dawkins apparently PWND
I remember a few weeks ago this debate/programme was posted here on the forums.

This video highlights a particular point a priest made against Dawkins in the program, which made it look as though he had 'pwnd' him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzp1DEh6H...re=g-all-f

Apparently not.
RE: Dawkins apparently PWND
The Cardinal should stick to cherry-picking his bible and not 'Origin of Species.'
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I watched the debate and the moderator saved the Cardinal several times.

Richard Dawkins himself said he prefers non-moderated debates. Imagine how many times the Cardinal would have hung himself in that situation. Now that I would have paid to see.
I respect you too much to believe that you could possibly hold those ridiculous beliefs. - Richard Dawkins, 2012
I have watched that episode of Q&A and Dawkins was the one who pawned not the one who was pawned.
undefined
(May 9, 2012 at 3:18 am)Justtristo Wrote: I have watched that episode of Q&A and Dawkins was the one who pawned not the one who was pawned.

Did you even watch the video?
It has to be said quite frankly that Cardinal Pell is a piece of shit.

That he would resort to such disingenuous quote mining is not at all surprising.

Though christians and cretinists quote mining real scientists is hardly new.Angry
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
As though quote mining is even relevant to scientific fact anyway. Oh yes, I must of forgot, ofcourse it is!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Richard Dawkins & Nightwish iameatingjam 3 1741 February 5, 2018 at 10:05 am
Last Post: shadow
  New Nightwish Album on Darwin, with Dawkins as narrator Alex K 12 2947 April 5, 2015 at 11:16 am
Last Post: DiRNiS
  Christian Love Letters to Richard Dawkins Creed of Heresy 14 2282 February 11, 2015 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: polar bear
Video 'Love letters' to Richard Dawkins Cyberman 28 4342 January 22, 2015 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Dawkins reads hate mail on youtube. Brian37 6 2346 November 3, 2013 at 11:36 am
Last Post: Owlix
  Richard Dawkins - Science, It Works, Bitches!! (video) Woody68 2 1409 April 8, 2013 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Dawkins: Sex, Death And The Meaning Of Life Justtristo 4 2236 January 26, 2013 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Nine
  Dawkins and Degrasse Tyson - Poetry of Science thesummerqueen 2 1745 November 6, 2012 at 1:16 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Richard Dawkins: I can't be sure God does not exist Forsaken 91 35439 April 15, 2012 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Richard Dawkins VS Archbishop George Pell Oldandeasilyconfused 23 10505 April 14, 2012 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused