Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Nightwish Album on Darwin, with Dawkins as narrator
New Nightwish Album on Darwin, with Dawkins as narrator
Well... what should we think of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5diJsEdLS_8

The Darwin/Dawkins touch is nice, but my main gripes are that first of all they are not using the full potential of their awetastic new Singer Floor Jansen, who is reduced to a run off the mill pop singer by the material when she can do so much more, and that Holopainens songwriting is too lazy lately. The song has its great moments though.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

RE: New Nightwish Album on Darwin, with Dawkins as narrator
I love nightwish. I didn't know she had a new album coming out.
Who she?

What's your favourite singer of the three? Choose wisely Big Grin
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Yeah, I wish the vocal had a bit more intensity. Not necessarily, like, normal metal type aggression but...
Some of the guitar work sounds a bit plasticy, although I dug the more distorted bits.
I dunno if, strictly speaking, it's my thing, but cool name and theme. Dawkins is also pretty cool.
You are asking someone who is musically illiterate. I don't follow the signers directly. I like several of the bands songs, my favorite being "Last Rice of the Day" from Imaginaerum album.
Oh yeah, that one is with Annette Olzon, the one before the current one.

Here, FJ gets a bit more to do in comparison to the Dawkins one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3brcfttchzA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvkYwOJZONU

Nightwish; that band is a rather...interesting one, to say the least...

First heard them via She Is My Sin. Fan since.

I might have to listen to this later. Right now, my head is throbbing and any sound makes me want to tear someone's throat out.
Dawkins does some weird shit nowadays.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Dawkins certainly wouldn't be my first choice.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Yeah, nothing says Goth Metal quite like an elderly British evolutionary biologist.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Richard Dawkins & Nightwish iameatingjam 3 1740 February 5, 2018 at 10:05 am
Last Post: shadow
Video Questioning Darwin - new HBO doc Fake Messiah 18 2038 May 20, 2015 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Christian Love Letters to Richard Dawkins Creed of Heresy 14 2280 February 11, 2015 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: polar bear
Video 'Love letters' to Richard Dawkins Cyberman 28 4342 January 22, 2015 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Dawkins reads hate mail on youtube. Brian37 6 2343 November 3, 2013 at 11:36 am
Last Post: Owlix
  Richard Dawkins - Science, It Works, Bitches!! (video) Woody68 2 1409 April 8, 2013 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Dawkins: Sex, Death And The Meaning Of Life Justtristo 4 2236 January 26, 2013 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Nine
  Dawkins and Degrasse Tyson - Poetry of Science thesummerqueen 2 1744 November 6, 2012 at 1:16 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Dawkins apparently PWND Napoléon 6 2748 May 9, 2012 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Tenacious D releasing new album fuckass365 2 1297 April 22, 2012 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13