Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browser of choice?
Browser of choice?
Which internet browser do you folks prefer? I personally use FireFox and Chrome as a backup.
[Image: Skullkidsig.png]
RE: Browser of choice?
When I'm in Windows I use Chrome. In Linux I use Firefox.
Firefox & Chrome..
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
@Adrian

"Chrome"? I've never heard of if it.

I describe myself as "computer semi-literate". By that I mean I can get my computer to do pretty much what I want it to do,can install new hardware and software,and troubleshoot most of the time. But can't write code.

I use Firefox, I think it's better than IE, faster,and safer. I also love all the plugins. I've tried a bunch of others recommended by various geeks, but have always come back to Firefox.

Be most interested in learning why you prefer "Chrome' .I'm always looking for superior software. (I'm running XP Pro)

PS I just (ahem) Googled it.Sounds good, but I'm still interested in your opinion.
http://www.google.com/chrome/

This is the other I use....
@padraic

I'm in Linux 99.9% of the time, so Firefox is my browser of choice for the same reasons. It's secure, it's extendible, and it's fast.

When I'm in Windows, I use Chrome because it's possibly the fastest browser for Windows, and since I don't spend much time in Windows I don't need all my extensions. Once Google put extension capabilities in Chrome, it will probably become my default browser across all systems.
Firefox & IE. Used to use Chrome.
@Adrian
.Thank you for the quick response.

I think I'll keep Firefox for the time being,but keep an eye on Chrome. If Google really want to compete with Firefox,imo they will need to provide the same range of extensions as Firefox.
I used to use to Internet Explorer then went onto Netscape and now I'm on Firefox.
I personally like Firefox the best......So far I have had no problems with it and runs smoothly through multiple browsing....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Choice.... RaisdCath 18 2183 May 13, 2014 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  State your religious belief, and your OS of choice Vegamo 10 2342 January 14, 2014 at 10:32 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Made the wrong choice in life (about education) Gooders1002 3 1668 December 22, 2012 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: Annik
  Nation States (browser-based game) Disinter 8 2588 June 3, 2010 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Ace Otana
  Operating Systems: Choice and design moleque 22 9865 June 5, 2009 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc
  What Browser do you use? Darwinian 18 8345 September 29, 2008 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: user-56