Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[USA] Dems vs. GOP over the years.
[USA] Dems vs. GOP over the years.
Hard data on why the GOP isn't as good for the USA as they say they are.

20 Ways...
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
RE: [USA] Dems vs. GOP over the years.
I find myself an independent when it comes to "political agendas," but when it comes to management of the country, it's hard to argue against the fact that the government tends to actually enact good policymaking decisions, even if not very quickly, when the democrats are more in charge. Republicans love their no-brain, no-thought, rapid-fire policymaking decisions and they always fuck us over.
(May 11, 2012 at 11:26 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: I find myself an independent when it comes to "political agendas," but when it comes to management of the country, it's hard to argue against the fact that the government tends to actually enact good policymaking decisions, even if not very quickly, when the democrats are more in charge. Republicans love their no-brain, no-thought, rapid-fire policymaking decisions and they always fuck us over.

That's because the modern Republican party has nothing in common with it's previous incarnation of the 50s. Hell, even Reagan would be too "pinko liberal" for the modern GOP.

You can't have balanced and metered change between parties if one is the party of sanity while the other is not.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Just look at the Republican candidates of today. As Moros said, take Reagan as an example; I bet the GOP would be asking for his birth certificate, by today's expected standards.
Not only are they crazy, they are extremely deceptive(all politiciians are, the GOP just more so). The new GOP mantra is, "Campaign on jobs and the econom. Once elected, invade people's bedrooms and force god down their throats."
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(May 11, 2012 at 2:25 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Not only are they crazy, they are extremely deceptive(all politiciians are, the GOP just more so). The new GOP mantra is, "Campaign on jobs and the econom. Once elected, invade people's bedrooms and force god down their throats."

And why not? Why shouldn't we who are into voyeurism get to see what you're doing in the bedroom? You're treading on my civil liberties, man!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MelQ8zpXfVA

Sorry, it just seemed so relevant given the preceding post.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(May 11, 2012 at 11:26 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Republicans love their no-brain, no-thought, rapid-fire policymaking decisions and they always fuck us over.

I don't think their decisions are all no-brains. Some of their decisions are intelligently and ruthlessly well thought out specifically to fuck us over.

Quote:I don't think their decisions are all no-brains. Some of their decisions are intelligently and ruthlessly well thought out specifically to fuck us over.

Let's not forget, their decisions don't just fuck you over, they fuck the rest of us over too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Absurd GOP Foxaèr 2081 121705 Yesterday at 5:26 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  A thing about choice and laws in the USA ShinyCrystals 7 964 October 15, 2023 at 10:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Some Iranian commanded Attack to USA . AVMXF 47 2426 August 25, 2023 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 973 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Sovereign citizen - more Loony Tunes in the USA Ferrocyanide 20 1940 March 20, 2023 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Yellow alert: warning USA in danger Eclectic 105 7904 November 25, 2022 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What you think of USA voting system? Woah0 10 895 August 17, 2022 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 9874 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  So what is GOP's plan for the new wave of newborns? Fake Messiah 43 2727 June 30, 2022 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1385 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob