Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to not be desperate for a gf?
How to not be desperate for a gf?
I'm 23 and have gotten so desperate its not even funny. Any semi attractive girl could ask me out and id say yes. Met some chic on fb and she was all into how aliens from space are taking over, and I was googling alien info trying to know more.

But I just want to not be desperate. I don't want to think of girls every morning and I don't want to see myself praying daily for a girlfriend.

Been working on my self esteem. And being my own person. But every morning I wake up thinking ill be forever alone and everyone has a girl but me.

I do the right things, I stay active, eat healthy, work out, I practice meditation and living from moment to moment...but I can't stop wanting a gf. I'm even in therapy and he says to do all the things I do. But I still can't stop wanting a gf.

What should I do?

RE: How to not be desperate for a gf?
(May 11, 2012 at 5:08 pm)zentor Wrote: What should I do?

Remind yourself that it's mostly just chemicals talking Big Grin

If that doesn't work, get new hobbies that let you meet new people &/or try going (back?) to school.

Above all, be yourself.

"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Wanting a girlfriend is normal. Why is it a problem? Also, you're 23 years old! Give yourself some slack, dude.
(May 11, 2012 at 5:18 pm)Shell B Wrote: Wanting a girlfriend is normal. Why is it a problem? Also, you're 23 years old! Give yourself some slack, dude.
Says the girl who got married when she was 20. Tongue

Love you baby. <3
Oi! Not everyone is the same. You're barely older than this kid and you're not married. Don't feed into his idea that he should have a girlfriend or be unfulfilled.

I love you too.
Re: How to not be desperate for a gf?
Hoping to resume college in the fall.

And the thing is I think girls can sense my desperation which makes things awkard. So focusing on establishing myself mentally.
Fuck it, be desperate. Stick it in the next thing that gets too close. I'll be rooting for you.

(needy females love the scent of desperation, you're on the right track with fb)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
you're not desperate yet dude, if you're still willing to go out with "Any semi attractive girl". you're still normal. you'll know precisely when desperation sets in, when you wake up next to something that you can't quite recognize as human and have welpts on your back. then again, that could just be explained as quite wasted.

just go to the massage parlor and catch yourself a rub-n-tug, then carry on.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais

Ha, I'm kind of in the same boat. . . but I'd go for near ANY female or trans-gendered person. My one requirement: must be an Atheist. Literally. That's my only requirement. I honestly don't care much at all about appearances. (Sadly, my only requirement cuts off 90% of all available women in America. Also, I never accept offers from people online, so sorry, ladies of the Atheist Forum. Big Grin)

I really have no idea what you should do. If I did, I'd have tried it. So far, I've been trying to cultivate a mental attitude of "To hell with it, I don't mind being really fucking lonely all the time." You could try that.

What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
Hormones, rampant hormones everywhere.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The totally obnoxious, desperate, almost loving, Rep Whore thread The Valkyrie 265 25665 June 18, 2018 at 1:30 am
Last Post: ignoramus