Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banning the Burqa?
Banning the Burqa?
Ok, i looked through all the pages on this forum and couldn't see a thread like this one.
So they banned the Burqa in France, should they do it in everywhere else too?
I personally think they should and it's for one sole reason, whether or not women are forced to wear the Burqa, there's one thing that sticks to my mind.
What if there was a murder or a serious injury from attempting to kill someone by an Islamic woman, wouldn't it be that much harder in identifying the suspect if they had a Burqa/Nidab on?
How about if someone else gets wrongly accused of attempted murder?
What do you all think?
RE: Banning the Burqa?
I doubt that getting away with murder is a significant reason for Islamic women wearing a Burqa Tongue
(May 12, 2012 at 8:50 am)Tobie Wrote: I doubt that getting away with murder is a significant reason for Islamic women wearing a Burqa Tongue
lol true, but you know what i mean though right? When you are covering your face, then it's hard to identify that person.
(May 12, 2012 at 8:41 am)Freethinker~ Wrote: Ok, i looked through all the pages on this forum and couldn't see a thread like this one.
So they banned the Burqa in France, should they do it in everywhere else too?
I personally think they should and it's for one sole reason, whether or not women are forced to wear the Burqa, there's one thing that sticks to my mind.
Banning the burka...Well, I could tell you this, it's not the first time this arab dress was banned anywhere.
Still, I am for the ban of the burka or other religious garments and symbols in schools or governmental offices(for those who work there).
Other areas, the burka or other religious garments should be free to wear.
Quote:What if there was a murder or a serious injury from attempting to kill someone by an Islamic woman, wouldn't it be that much harder in identifying the suspect if they had a Burqa/Nidab on?
How about if someone else gets wrongly accused of attempted murder?
What do you all think?
This was also the motivation behind Sultan Abdulhamid Khan II banning the burka, but it has a different name and version here.
It's completely dark, while the afghan burka comes in the colours of brown to celestial blue. Our great Sultan banned this garment due to an attempt on his life by a man in the garments of a woman.
This was later on realized completely with the reforms of our founding father Bashbugh Atatürk, who made modern ways of dressing, which was until then reserved for urban populations, available to rural populations, which made up the majority of our country back then.
Of course, popularizing a way of dress requires a little force, and that is what he did.

[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(May 12, 2012 at 8:41 am)Freethinker~ Wrote: So they banned the Burqa in France, should they do it in everywhere else too?
No. It's an item of clothing for fucks sake. You really have to stop and stare in amazement when people think banning an item of clothing is a good idea.
Quote:What if there was a murder or a serious injury from attempting to kill someone by an Islamic woman, wouldn't it be that much harder in identifying the suspect if they had a Burqa/Nidab on?
So your plan is to make wearing a burka illegal, in order to make it easier to catch criminals. Criminals of course being perfectly upstanding members of society who have total respect for the law. </sarcasm> You see the flaw in your argument?

Newsflash! Making something illegal does not mean criminals will not do it. In fact, that's the opposite of what it means.
Quote:How about if someone else gets wrongly accused of attempted murder?
You know forensics / police investigation works on things other than clothing right?
Quote:What do you all think?
I personally think that anyone caught even considering banning items of clothing should take a very careful look at their reasoning.
(May 12, 2012 at 9:18 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(May 12, 2012 at 8:41 am)Freethinker~ Wrote: So they banned the Burqa in France, should they do it in everywhere else too?
No. It's an item of clothing for fucks sake. You really have to stop and stare in amazement when people think banning an item of clothing is a good idea.
So your plan is to make wearing a burka illegal, in order to make it easier to catch criminals. Criminals of course being perfectly upstanding members of society who have total respect for the law. </sarcasm> You see the flaw in your argument?

Newsflash! Making something illegal does not mean criminals will not do it. In fact, that's the opposite of what it means.
Quote:How about if someone else gets wrongly accused of attempted murder?
You know forensics / police investigation works on things other than clothing right?
I personally think that anyone caught even considering banning items of clothing should take a very careful look at their reasoning.
Yes, an item of clothing that covers your face.
People can dress how they want, but when it's something that covers your face, it's a different issue.

I don't see any flaw in my argument, i do however see the flaw in your reply.
What i'm saying is that it just makes it so much harder for people to identify someone who has something covering their face.
I'm not saying ban the burqa so it can be easier to catch criminals, i'm saying it's better to ban the burqa, as a matter of fact, all things covering your face, so that we can identify people alot easier, and in some cases identify them at all.
If everyone covered their faces, then no doubt there would be alot of killings without catching people.
Banning the symptoms of social problems, instead of addressing the cause, never leads to progress.

/end
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
I wear a burka whenever I want to murder folk.
Cunt

Ban it.

Anyone who wants to wear one can go back to the desert where such shit is mandated.

I'm tired of these religious fucks.
In situations where peoples identity has to be easily ascertained then they should be banned, at airports and secure establishments etc.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you consider the hijab/burqa degrading to women and why? comediaN 33 6469 November 26, 2015 at 12:01 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd