Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yo ho ho and a bottle of RUM
Yo ho ho and a bottle of RUM
Any fellow AF members partial to a good rum?

I've been into it for a few years now and just treated myself to rather fabulous 23 year Zacapa.

I will be attending this years Rumfest in October, bring it on!
RE: Yo ho ho and a bottle of RUM
The only rum I really "enjoy" drinking is this:

[Image: Malibu%201_0.jpg]
Nap that isnt rum !!!! that's like saying Carling is lager !!
this is a rum
[Image: ron-zacapa-23-solera.jpg]
Yes I am aware that for rum snobs it probably is laughable. My mom drinks Captain Morgan on occasion though, does that count?
I like the idea of Rum. Its piratey, but I confess I've never really tried it beyond occasional pre-made mixer drinks.

Any suggestions?
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
(May 24, 2012 at 8:55 am)NoMoreFaith Wrote: Any suggestions?

'real' rum is vile. Don't drink it Big Grin
(May 24, 2012 at 8:56 am)Napoleon Wrote:
(May 24, 2012 at 8:55 am)NoMoreFaith Wrote: Any suggestions?

'real' rum is vile. Don't drink it Big Grin

I didn't really intend to drink it, just slosh it around while wearing an eyepatch. I thought that was the only reason anyone bought Rum.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
No snobbery involved, captain morgans is passable
Try a morgans spiced with ice, lime and coke and see how you go.
Eyepatch and parrot on shoulder is optional

If you enjoy the morgans there are some fantastic ones available on the whiskey exchange for about the same as you'd pay in the supermarket

Brugal
is the one that got me 'into' it
Never had any real rum before. Maybe one day.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
I got incredibly drunk on captain morgans spiced rum round a friends house when I was 17.
Don't remember the majority of what happened but I haven't been invited back since... :-)
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bottle feeding my foster kitties. Catholic_Lady 29 2656 March 15, 2016 at 12:56 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  What a difference a rum makes Razzle 2 795 April 19, 2015 at 5:05 am
Last Post: Razzle