Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dungeons and Dragons Online
Dungeons and Dragons Online
Dungeons and Dragons Online is a free MMORPG with a pay-to-play option and extra, purchaseable content. It, of course, takes place in the world of D&D. I'm not sure how similar it is to the original table-top game, as I've never played that. I'm guessing it's not at all similar, just because one is a video game, and the other is, well, not. In case anyone's wondering, my character is named Melanoth of the Barrowlands, and I just got him up to level 2.

I've downloaded and played dozens of free MMO's, and I found most of them to be complete shit. DDO is actually quite good, however. At least comparatively. So if you're broke and you want a free game to play, it's a good option.

If you want a similar MMORPG in a different setting, I recommend The Lord of the Rings Online. (LOTRO) It's also free, and is made by the same people as DDO. It can be a bit dead, however. Doesn't have nearly as many players as DDO. If you do decide to play it, one of the more populated servers is "Brandywine". Be prepared to set aside an entire day to download LOTRO, as it took me 9 hours with quite a good pc.
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
RE: Dungeons and Dragons Online
I played LOTRO for two-three years, on the Landroval server. Haven't played in a couple of years though.
I have a couple of DDO characters, made it to 5th level with one of them before I got bored with it.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
I've played WoW on and off since 2007.
I prefer the paper and dice version.
Trying to update my sig ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone here play GTA Online? copiedusername 2 681 December 17, 2019 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: copiedusername
  Dungeons and all that Mr.Obvious 8 911 January 4, 2019 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Anyone else here play eve online? Lemonvariable72 15 2874 June 3, 2015 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Star Trek Online Vox Populi 10 1558 May 1, 2015 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  EVE online dyresand 10 1944 November 21, 2014 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Elder Scrolls Online - Solo Gaming ManMachine 0 1004 July 17, 2014 at 11:14 am
Last Post: ManMachine
  Eve online Lemonvariable72 1 574 June 21, 2014 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Nine
  Elder Scrolls Online OGirly 17 3537 April 3, 2014 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Anyone here play Star Trek Online Fidel_Castronaut 9 2501 March 27, 2014 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  MechWarrior Online Annik 5 1626 April 4, 2013 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Mystic