Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double standards?
Double standards?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/0...B820120606

Double standards much? What these people do in the name of religion and their all-loving god and pedo-prophet is very "humane". I hope US will put a rocket up each and every Taliban's ass, manually or via a drone. The best quote from the article must be this:
Quote:He was a Muslim, and we don't kill people without reason.
Obviously. That's why they need to be stopped by all means.
I have no problem sharing a common ancestor with the apes; it's being related to some people that bothers me.
RE: Double standards?
(June 7, 2012 at 5:35 am)Bravo Wrote:
Quote:He was a Muslim, and we don't kill people without reason.

While this is true, their reasons are insane, bordering on laughable.

Only religion could lead to this scale of delusional barbarism, while still maintaining their "right to be respected."
I totally agree with you. They must be stopped.
Since when do muslims care about human rights? If they had their way we wouldn't have any. Well, at least women.

Yes, it is very much a double standard.
sorry but war is won with the biggest stick, and the West (NATO) And East Asia (china, Japan, South Korea) has all the big sticks. at least we (try) not to harm civilians.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
(June 7, 2012 at 6:27 am)Panglossian Wrote:
(June 7, 2012 at 5:35 am)Bravo Wrote:

While this is true, their reasons are insane, bordering on laughable.

Only religion could lead to this scale of delusional barbarism, while still maintaining their "right to be respected."
I totally agree with you. They must be stopped.

Don't forget secularism. It lead to much worse barbarism. Point being, it's humans that are the issue. Atheists outside of America have come to that realization years ago.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Double standard when it comes to terrorism GoHalos1993 28 3759 November 20, 2015 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The double standard when it comes to Islam jeebusmubummed 4 1230 November 18, 2015 at 12:26 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Double standards on freedom of speech Mystic 56 6276 January 9, 2015 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam