Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The double standard when it comes to Islam
The double standard when it comes to Islam
Let me first say that if my name doesnt make it obvious, all religious belief is pretty much a sad joke to me. Religion has held humanity back more than anything. There is one in particular though that I have a special disdain for. That is Islam. Yet for some reason this particular religion seems beyond reproach to most atheists outside of the obligatory statement they dont believe in it......obviously , you dont hear much criticism even though this is by far the worst religion (worst defined by causing most pain death etc) and the biggest threat to secularism in the world today. I want to reiterate that I'm talking about TODAY as in modern times. Historically speaking Islam is no better or worse than Christianity. Where to start and how best to get my point across here is tough so im just gonna wing it here because there is a lot I need to get out.
 There IS a double standard nomatter how much some of you will deny it. It is acceptable to criticize Christianity and ridicule jeebus(as I do regularly) but when we do the same with Islam or Muslims we are met with accusations of racism. No attempt is usually made to engage in the subject matter itself nomatter how factual the criticism itself. I have a coupe theories as to why this is but its pretty hard to prove without polygraphing everyone. Whenever we try and connect the religion of Islam with terrorism we are met with "well Christianity this and Christianity that" Why arent some of you able to just take the critiques of Islam on face value and not as an endorsement of Christianity or any other religion? I think those of you that do this are horribly uninformed on Islam and Muslims in general.
 Islamic terrorism or "isis" is not the problem. Theyre symptoms of the real problem "religious ideology" One in particular - Islam is worse than all others. and much worse than Christianity contrary to what many of you believe. We can dismantle isis to the last man and another organization like it will arise in its wake , indeed many already do exist around the world, isis is just the largest of them. The religion of Islam is unlike other religions and therefore worse for a few reasons.
 Its example set forth for all Muslim men to follow was Muhammad a conqueror and a pedophile by all accounts. contrast with Buddha or Jesus., Islam is the youngest of the Abrahamic religions and this is important for 2 reasons, the lack of enlightenment and it is a refined version of Christianity., refined as in it is a more efficient tool for conquest (as I believe all religions are tools) with more fail safes to prevent such an age of enlightenment. Furthermore it is the only major religion which endorses lying (so long as it furthers the cause of islam)... I could go on with more subtle differences but im getting tired and need to move on with this so i can wake up for work tomorrow.
My largest argument to be made against Islam and Muslims in particular is the fact that the only theocracies in the world are Islamic. This should be extremely important if you call yourself a secularist as i do. It goes to show what happens when theyre in control. 23 countries in the world criminalize apostasy with 13 of them executing for it as well as the same number for blasphemy. Every single one of them are Muslim majority countries. Muslim countries are the only ones that still have prohibition of alcohol as well as consider being homosexual a capitol offense. So Christians here dont want them to marry? Yeah thats wrong but are we really gonna sit here and say thats as bad as executing them? Only in Muslim countries is adultery a capitol offense. Then theirs the complete lack of anything resembling womens rights., and what are you seriously gonna say Christians treat women as bad here? can u even claim its anywhere close? because if you do ill say you're insane. Yup pedo priests have run amok in the catholic church but they are imprisoned and ostracized once found by their own community., compare that to the fact that its perfectly legal and acceptable to marry and have sex with 9 year old girls in many muslim countries. So no its not just the tiny % you think thats a problem.  that entire religion is a problem and anyone who follows it, I refuse to trust or accept. They want to force everyone to live as they do that is why they come to western countries. There are a few that are trying to escape but when thats the case theyre usually renouncing their faith as well. Ok thats enough for me for the night. I look forward to the accusations of racism when i return. gnight.
RE: The double standard when it comes to Islam
Yeah and it especially pisses me off when it comes from people on the left. The leftists screaming that's racist, when under a Muslim theocracy they likely wouldn't be alive.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
How about some accusations concerning your basic lack of politeness? You might start with an introduction thread. A little capitalization wouldn't hurt either. Then take the time to read what's here and decide whether anyone is pro Islam. You may be surprised.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
There's not a general double standard. I loathe Islam, but I'm not going to blame the majority of the adherents for the actions of the extremists or the theocracies that govern many.
Dying to live, living to die.
(November 18, 2015 at 12:20 am)Beccs Wrote: There's not a general double standard.  I loathe Islam, but I'm not going to blame the majority of the adherents for the actions of the extremists or the theocracies that govern many.

I know right..  it pisses me off as well but when it comes down to it islam needs to do what christianity did and get a new testament.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7869 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Why is Allah holding Iblis to a different standard than the other Jinn? ReptilianPeon 32 7820 July 4, 2016 at 4:10 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Double standard when it comes to terrorism GoHalos1993 28 3778 November 20, 2015 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5476 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Double standards on freedom of speech Mystic 56 6283 January 9, 2015 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Sharia Comes to London and is given the Boot JesusHChrist 7 3256 December 11, 2013 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33856 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Double standards? Bravo 4 1977 June 7, 2012 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Polaris