Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One way!
One way!
Jesus Christ alone said that He is the only way to heaven and to a right relationship with God. Jn 14 : 6 "I am the way the truth and the life, no-one comes to the Father except through me."

Obviously not a popular claim, but nonetheless it is exclusive to Him, for no other world religion/historical religious leader has, or can make this claim.

Why do you think that this is the case?
RE: One way!
Amen brother! No religious leader in the history of the world has ever claimed to have a direct line to the Lord or to be a god on this earth or that salvation only comes from following his religion.

Obviously, since Jesus made that claim, and we know he did because it's in the Bible, it must be true. After all, he's God incarnate and he wouldn't lie. And since he wouldn't lie, he must be God incarnate.

Praise!
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
Marketing ploy.

"Jesus" is as full of shit as your average used car salesman.
Because he was delusional, if he existed at all.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:Obviously not a popular claim, but nonetheless it is exclusive to Him, for no other world religion/historical religious leader has, or can make this claim.

Bullshit. Anyone could claim they are the pathway to paradise. I'll do it now; to get to heaven, you'll have to worship me daily, by rubbing cheese on your neighbours' face.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
(June 9, 2012 at 2:11 pm)Tobie Wrote: Bullshit. Anyone could claim they are the pathway to paradise. I'll do it now; to get to heaven, you'll have to worship me daily, by rubbing cheese on your neighbours' face.

By God, you worship "Cheesus".

Btw, you need to get another avatar. The one you're using is used by DownBeatPlum.

You don't want to be associated with heathen trash like him.
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
(June 9, 2012 at 2:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote: "Jesus" is as full of shit as your average used car salesman.

This is patently untrue. Used car salesmen do in fact have actual cars to sell you.
(June 9, 2012 at 1:59 pm)Whistle Blower Wrote: Jesus Christ alone said that He is the only way to heaven and to a right relationship with God. Jn 14 : 6 "I am the way the truth and the life, no-one comes to the Father except through me."

Why do you think that this is the case?

When says he is the way to God, what does it mean exactly? Believing in him or following him are both neither him.

Why can't it mean that he is GOODNESS and that the way to God is through goodness and no one can come towards God but through goodness?

Why can't belief in Jesus just mean belief in God and why can't believe in God encompass belief in goodness (since God is goodness).

Just throwing it out there - that perhaps you can interpret the bible to include others.
(June 9, 2012 at 1:59 pm)Whistle Blower Wrote: Why do you think that this is the case?
Gee, let me guess...

...because you Christians say so? You believe yours is the only true religion and you are the elect chosen race and magic man's chosen people? Of all the possible religions you happened to pick the right one. How very convenient for you. For you, and all the elect chosen race religions out there.

Fuck your 'Mafia Boss & Son Co. Ltd' cult. ~.~
Religion: It tells you that you're hell bound, a sinner, evil and faulty.
Sells you an imaginary cure to a problem that isn't there. To have this cure you are to join a religious group and believe without evidence, to take it all on faith.

I've got a better idea, how about I give you the finger - [Image: flipping-the-bird.gif]
And live my life how I please without fear of what you claim will happen after my life has ended.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Way, the Truth, and the Ugly LinuxGal 0 433 October 1, 2023 at 11:45 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  A.S.K. your way to proof. Drich 378 39982 June 13, 2020 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 14980 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  New way: Open Source Christianity Born in Iran. A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 28 4339 September 9, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Yeah He's Crazy But In A Nice Way Minimalist 21 6297 July 2, 2017 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ, the only way to God JacquelineDeane55 78 21078 June 10, 2017 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Fireball
  LOL. Way To Go Britain. Minimalist 2 1061 March 30, 2017 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Way to go USA. We made the ICC hall of shame list brewer 12 3034 February 8, 2017 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  A Simple Way to Shut Up a Street Preacher Jonah 44 28706 August 12, 2016 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Bible way to Heaven sinnerdaniel94 362 52681 October 14, 2015 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie