Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Simple Way to Shut Up a Street Preacher
A Simple Way to Shut Up a Street Preacher
Considering all of the proselytising that has been going in my school due to the elections (as well as unpleasant conversations with preachers/street evangelists in the past), I thought I'd make a simple guide as to disarming these loud-mouthed know-it-alls using one simple Bible verse.

Should you find yourself in a situation involving this type of Christian:

1. Ask the Christian for his/her Bible.

2. Locate and read (out loud) Matthew 6:5. http://goo.gl/mk1Qc

3. Watch the magic happen!
"If your god has to make peace with me in my final hour when he has my whole lifetime to prove his existence to me...do you think I should bother?"

"But the happiness of an atheist is neither the vacuous enjoyment of a fool, nor the short-lived pleasure of a rogue. It is rather the expression of a disposition that has ceased to torture itself with foolish fancies, or perplex itself with useless beliefs." - Chapman Cohen
RE: A Simple Way to Silence a Street Preacher
I would just shove their bibles into their mouths.
(November 2, 2010 at 2:37 pm)Chuck Wrote: I would just shove their bibles into their mouths.

That's another effective method. Tongue I was looking for the most peaceful, logical approach.
"If your god has to make peace with me in my final hour when he has my whole lifetime to prove his existence to me...do you think I should bother?"

"But the happiness of an atheist is neither the vacuous enjoyment of a fool, nor the short-lived pleasure of a rogue. It is rather the expression of a disposition that has ceased to torture itself with foolish fancies, or perplex itself with useless beliefs." - Chapman Cohen
(November 2, 2010 at 2:37 pm)Chuck Wrote: I would just shove their bibles into their mouths.

Or up their asses!
RE: A Simple Way to Shut Up a Street Preacher
Yelling "You aint got no pancake mix" is also an effective way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwyZ0ji1GRU
[Image: girva.png]
LOL, thats really funny
A finite number of monkeys with a finite number of typewriters and a finite amount of time could eventually reproduce 4chan.
(November 2, 2010 at 2:32 pm)Jonah Wrote: 2. Locate and read (out loud) Matthew 6:5. http://goo.gl/mk1Qc

That is brilliant.

My girlfriend & I were vacationing in St. Augustine the weekend before last & saw a street preacher up on a bench shouting about fire & brimstone. It was kinda funny, people for the most part were treating him like he was a combination leper/freakshow.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
I find that this usually does the trick Big Grin

[Image: ducttape.jpg]
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(November 2, 2010 at 2:32 pm)Jonah Wrote: Considering all of the proselytising that has been going in my school due to the elections (as well as unpleasant conversations with preachers/street evangelists in the past), I thought I'd make a simple guide as to disarming these loud-mouthed know-it-alls using one simple Bible verse.

Should you find yourself in a situation involving this type of Christian:

1. Ask the Christian for his/her Bible.

2. Locate and read (out loud) Matthew 6:5. http://goo.gl/mk1Qc

3. Watch the magic happen!
Have you ever actually used this method? If you have I would be interested in hearing how the preacher responded. I don't see how it would stop anyone from preaching.

His invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
Romans 1:20 ESV

(November 3, 2010 at 12:30 pm)theophilus Wrote: Have you ever actually used this method? If you have I would be interested in hearing how the preacher responded. I don't see how it would stop anyone from preaching.

No, preaching is a hard disease to cure. So the afflicted should be quarantined.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Way, the Truth, and the Ugly LinuxGal 0 390 October 1, 2023 at 11:45 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  A.S.K. your way to proof. Drich 378 39135 June 13, 2020 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 14705 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  New way: Open Source Christianity Born in Iran. A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 28 4271 September 9, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Yeah He's Crazy But In A Nice Way Minimalist 21 6247 July 2, 2017 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ, the only way to God JacquelineDeane55 78 20808 June 10, 2017 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Fireball
  LOL. Way To Go Britain. Minimalist 2 1048 March 30, 2017 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Way to go USA. We made the ICC hall of shame list brewer 12 2997 February 8, 2017 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Bible way to Heaven sinnerdaniel94 362 51656 October 14, 2015 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What's the most face-palm-worthy statement you have ever heard from a priest/preacher drfuzzy 150 29032 August 29, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous