Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well....I Will Be Dipped In Shit!
Well....I Will Be Dipped In Shit!
Apparently we CAN spread American-style democracy to the Middle East.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2012061...PCLO0.html

Quote:At the root of the standoff is the unresolved power struggle between Iraq's three main groups - the majority Shiites and minority Sunnis and Kurds - following the ouster of Saddam Hussein in the U.S.-led invasion of 2003.

Elections in March 2010 were inconclusive. Al-Maliki was able to form a national unity government but its component parties do not trust and in some cases detest each other.

Well done, Mr. Bush.

[Image: 74_1740739.jpg]
RE: Well....I Will Be Dipped In Shit!
(June 11, 2012 at 3:12 am)Minimalist Wrote: Apparently we CAN spread American-style democracy to the Middle East.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2012061...PCLO0.html

Quote:At the root of the standoff is the unresolved power struggle between Iraq's three main groups - the majority Shiites and minority Sunnis and Kurds - following the ouster of Saddam Hussein in the U.S.-led invasion of 2003.

Elections in March 2010 were inconclusive. Al-Maliki was able to form a national unity government but its component parties do not trust and in some cases detest each other.

Well done, Mr. Bush.

[Image: 74_1740739.jpg]

The allied forces need to withdraw from Iraq now and allow the Iraqi's to fend for themselves. The worst that will happen will be an Iranian allied Shia State in Iraq (expect for the Kurdish areas) and the expulsion of the Sunnis from Iraq.

While it would seriously annoy the Turks, an independent Kurdish state would the good thing that would come of out it.
undefined
Tribal people and democracy mixes like oil and water. Spreading democracy sounds great, it'd do well in China and other educated countries who care less about tradition. But Iraqis are tribal and regional people.
You can take the tribesman out of the tribe but you can't take the tribe out of the tribesman. Or, you can take a tribe out of the jungle or desert but you can't take the jungle or desert out of the tribe.

They're still in the dark ages. To them technology is witchcraft, democracy is heresy, knowledge is evil, reason is madness and thought is an untried exercise.
What do you expect from those Neanderthals?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
If there is a Baghdad is there a Baghmom? If there is a Kurd state, is there a Whey state?

Nothing to see here, keep moving.
(June 11, 2012 at 6:47 am)Ace Otana Wrote: You can take the tribesman out of the tribe but you can't take the tribe out of the tribesman. Or, you can take a tribe out of the jungle or desert but you can't take the jungle or desert out of the tribe.

They're still in the dark ages. To them technology is witchcraft, democracy is heresy, knowledge is evil, reason is madness and thought is an untried exercise.

Comparing these people to Neanderthals is an insult to Neanderthals Wink
undefined
(June 11, 2012 at 6:47 am)Ace Otana Wrote: You can take the tribesman out of the tribe but you can't take the tribe out of the tribesman. Or, you can take a tribe out of the jungle or desert but you can't take the jungle or desert out of the tribe.

Generalize much?

I find this power play between Iran and Iraq to be fascinating.

Al-Sadr's forcing of his senior staff to sign blood oaths to him prior to his departure for Iran is unexpected. I wonder if it is part of a contingency plan of some sort.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(June 12, 2012 at 1:51 am)Justtristo Wrote: Comparing these people to Neanderthals is an insult to Neanderthals Wink

True, at least the Neanderthals had some intelligence.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
...and used it to survive themselves instead of trying to fuck with people thousands of miles away.
(June 12, 2012 at 5:55 am)Ace Otana Wrote:
(June 12, 2012 at 1:51 am)Justtristo Wrote: Comparing these people to Neanderthals is an insult to Neanderthals Wink

True, at least the Neanderthals had some intelligence.

Interestingly,there was a fascinating doco on here only last night which claimed homo neanderthal was almost certainly at least as intelligent as homo sapiens,just different. Went extinct probably due to drastic climate change.

hope this link works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad0ELPLANWM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do conservatives believe the shit on Fox News? Spongebob 119 8865 August 31, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Lame Duck Shit Show brewer 46 2087 November 12, 2020 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Sounds Like Joe Biden "grabs 'em by the *****" as well... ReptilianPeon 16 1385 March 31, 2020 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Well Well Well What Do We Have Here Amarok 14 1183 December 4, 2018 at 6:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Coming From Anyone Else This Would Just Be The Usual Nauseating Shit Minimalist 3 818 October 24, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Well, Whaddaya Know? Minimalist 6 470 August 30, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Yeah, we Know. Pence Is A Piece of Shit, Too Minimalist 0 573 July 29, 2018 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Just heard this bat shit insane idea... Brian37 13 1569 July 20, 2018 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Well! Wbat do you know! chimp3 6 998 July 15, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Fuck You, You Orange Piece of Shit Minimalist 24 3043 June 18, 2018 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Amarok