Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutting the head off Medusa
Cutting the head off Medusa
After years of debating tons of people and a variety of labels, I make this post for atheists especially to get a bigger picture of what we are dealing with.

Our species has always been ripe with irrational claims and superstition. My advice when taking on ANYONE of any superstition, or social tradition, always remember that evolution was around before that social placebo was invented and our species would continue if it changed or got scrapped all together.

When someone claims "this person existed" or "that person existed" no matter who the claimant is or what label they claim, they are still defending woo. Evolution does not require someone to be a Buddhist, or Christian or Jew, it only requires you to get to the point of reproduction.

Our social clubs in the forms of politics and religion are merely labels we slap on our evolutionary drive to gain power and resources.

In the end we have NEVER ceased to be the same species stemming from the same change in DNA over millions of years.

Always keep this in mind. No matter the claim, or the woo. None of our current labels were around at the start of our solar system and our personal predilections will die when our species goes extinct because there will not be a future generation to sell ANY irrational claim or superstition to. The species will die, and even the core of our planet will go cold and even the sun will come to an end. There will be no record of us and the universe will continue without us.

The deity and woo mongers are frightened by this prospect and childishly and falsely claim hate and bigotry for simply pointing out that the moon is not made of cheese.

The snakes on the head of superstition stem from Medusa's imagination. As soon as we cut her head off(not human heads) but the idea that placebos are a virtue, we can focus as a species pragmatically on the things we can do to extend the finite ride that we are faced with.

It isn't that irrational claims will go away, they wont. But only in that we must be vigilant in the ability to question, blaspheme and even ridicule the absurd, be it Ouija boards, or deities or fine print legalized loan sharking.

The goal is to move forward and maximize our ability to find facts beyond our own personal desires.
RE: Cutting the head off Medusa

[Image: drama-queen-day-2010.jpg]

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
You claim to have spent years debating religionists, and yet, the real viable way to stop superstition just makes a 'wooosh' sound over your head.

Oh and thank you for the platitudes captain obvious, you're just full of shit as they are.
Nice childish attempt to demonize the guy who tells the truth pulls back the curtain and exposes human imagination.

Religion and dogmatism and superstition are the childish brat who refuses to accept that Santa and the tooth fairy are not real. If anyone is being a drama queen, you are.

You want your mental placebo, no one should legally stop you, but you are fool if you think anyone's predilections deserve taboo status merely because you have the ability to string a sentence together.

If our species never questioned social norms our species never would have left the caves.

I am glad people like the Write brothers and Steve Jobs and NASA don't think like you, we'd still be using beads to count.
Question: Do you think religion is the cause of all of the worlds problems?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-yy2URAYqU
How am I full of shit? Yet another example of the politically correct demanding others within the same camp never step on toes. Sorry but that is utopia bullshit.

"Well behaved women seldom make history" Susan B Anthony.

"I so distrust what god believers claim what god wants because it coincides with their desires" Susan B Anthony

"Faith is believing in things you know aint so" Mark Twain

"Question with boldness even the existence of a god, for if there be one surely he would pay more homage to reason than to that of blindfolded fear" Thomas Jefferson.

I am glad blacks and gays don't listen to the likes of you otherwise they would still sit at the back of the bus.

I have absolutely NO problem stepping on the toes of assholes who think that their personal predilections give them the right to infect politics and education at the cost of marginalizing the outsiders.

Before you go bitching about my bitching, I'd suggest you ask the minorities in Iran how they like political correctness. Ask the Christians and gays and atheists there if they have a duty to coddle the insecurities of the theocracy they live under.

DAMNED RIGHT I am going to step on toes.
Can't say it any better that these kind people.....

[Image: 481151_323646817716345_90122171_n.jpg]

[Image: 547669_453028588041246_1546974219_n.jpg]
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(June 11, 2012 at 9:34 am)Brian37 Wrote: How am I full of shit? Yet another example of the politically correct demanding others within the same camp never step on toes. Sorry but that is utopia bullshit.

Lol, politically correct? In what place where the sun doesn't shine did you pulled that from? Yet, the point still flies over your head, read again.

Quote:"Well behaved women seldom make history" Susan B Anthony.

"I so distrust what god believers claim what god wants because it coincides with their desires" Susan B Anthony

"Faith is believing in things you know aint so" Mark Twain

"Question with boldness even the existence of a god, for if there be one surely he would pay more homage to reason than to that of blindfolded fear" Thomas Jefferson.
Nice quotes, your point? Or are you just making the old AP?

Quote:I am glad blacks and gays don't listen to the likes of you otherwise they would still sit at the back of the bus.
Now you aren't making sense, blacks, gays? From where did you pulled that off?

Quote:I have absolutely NO problem stepping on the toes of assholes who think that their personal predilections give them the right to infect politics and education at the cost of marginalizing the outsiders.
I have no problem too, yet you and your plain generalizations may be stepping on the toes of the ones that might listen to reason. And people can't reason when they are being stepped on the toes.

Quote:Before you go bitching about my bitching, I'd suggest you ask the minorities in Iran how they like political correctness. Ask the Christians and gays and atheists there if they have a duty to coddle the insecurities of the theocracy they live under.

DAMNED RIGHT I am going to step on toes.

So, what you propose to do regarding religionists is to lower yourself to their level. Interesting.

Disappointed
I think brian has lost it...
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well I'm off to Devon Cod 26 3524 August 4, 2019 at 3:59 am
Last Post: Cod
  Neil deGrasse Tyson off the hook! chimp3 5 1238 March 16, 2019 at 11:44 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Fell off my bike tonight Foxaèr 48 2684 October 22, 2018 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  somebody, Please Talk Sense into My Stupid Head. I Think I'm Getting Ready to Fuck Up Rhondazvous 30 2262 September 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  I'm off on holidays again GUBU 6 955 September 4, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: GUBU
  My humor, I know it's off the wall Foxaèr 13 2080 May 8, 2018 at 8:03 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Pick the time you want me off Mystic 42 5050 February 1, 2018 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Cutting Water Bottles Out of Our Lives Shell B 61 10133 January 28, 2018 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Should I fuck off to bed. Succubus 11 1370 January 27, 2018 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: John V
  Guys, is she a bit funny in the head? ignoramus 12 2156 December 24, 2017 at 6:51 am
Last Post: GUBU