Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are we the only members of the homo genus?
Why are we the only members of the homo genus?
Also, what do you think the world would be like if there was more than one species in the homo genus and what do you think that offshoot might look like?
This is stupid
RE: Why are we the only members of the homo genus?
Post deleted.
Misread the OP. Tongue
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Because this rock wasn't big enough for all of us, those squat little bastards had to die!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 11, 2012 at 5:31 pm)Ace Otana Wrote: Post deleted.
Misread the OP. Tongue

I missed what you wrote anyway. What did you misread?
This is stupid
(June 11, 2012 at 5:34 pm)Adjusted Sanity Wrote:
(June 11, 2012 at 5:31 pm)Ace Otana Wrote: Post deleted.
Misread the OP. Tongue

I missed what you wrote anyway. What did you misread?

Well as usual I like to quickly skim through the post. I thought you were asking "why are we the only species to have homosexuals".
I read very quickly through it and when I re-read it, I noticed I made a little error. Tongue

My mind is currently dealing with multiple deep thought tasks. Big Grin

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
You know that's strange Ace, because everytime you post my mind starts to wander in the direction of homosexuality as well.....Wink Shades
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 11, 2012 at 5:29 pm)Adjusted Sanity Wrote: Also, what do you think the world would be like if there was more than one species in the homo genus and what do you think that offshoot might look like?

We're the only extant species because all of the rest are exinct. The others might look like H. Neanderthalensis, etc.

Or were you looking for something more speculative? Not really sure what you're looking for here.
(June 11, 2012 at 5:40 pm)Rhythm Wrote: You know that's strange Ace, because everytime you post my mind starts to wander in the direction of homosexuality as well.....Wink Shades

Oh stop..... [Image: battingeyes.gif]

(June 11, 2012 at 5:38 pm)Ace Otana Wrote:
(June 11, 2012 at 5:34 pm)Adjusted Sanity Wrote: I missed what you wrote anyway. What did you misread?

Well as usual I like to quickly skim through the post. I thought you were asking "why are we the only species to have homosexuals".
I ready very quickly through it and when I re-read it, I noticed I made a little error. Tongue

My mind is currently dealing with multiple deep thought tasks. Big Grin

Lol. I already know the answer to that question. That's actually what lead me to this question. Homosexuality in nature > Bonobos > Evolution of humans.
This is stupid
Well, in the case of H.N. we have some pretty solid speculation as to the many potential causes of their demise (and we also have studies that tell us that they didn't "quite" die out like we previously thought).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Magic is only real on Sundays! ignoramus 9 1805 June 10, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What's the Next Step in Evolution for Homo Sapiens? Rhondazvous 58 9895 March 1, 2017 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Homo evolutis chimp3 42 4168 July 4, 2016 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Homo Futurus Glitch 13 3290 July 7, 2013 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Boston Area Members -- Cool Lecture on May 2 Shell B 2 1521 April 28, 2012 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Homo Erectus was the first to cook food Justtristo 5 2205 August 23, 2011 at 6:34 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Why is there only one human species? | BBC Anymouse 18 5583 June 25, 2011 at 6:33 am
Last Post: martin02