Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parents who believe in faith healing let their child die and they get away with it.
Parents who believe in faith healing let their child die and they get away with it.
A 17 year old dies from a ruptured appendix while parents pray. He must have been in excruciating pain. The parents didn't get slapped with any flavor of murder charge. Had they tortured their child to death it would have been different. I fail to see the difference.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2012/...h-healing/
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Parents who believe in faith healing let their child die and they get away...
(June 11, 2012 at 9:24 pm)Ziploc Surprise Wrote: A 17 year old dies from a ruptured appendix while parents pray. He must have been in excruciating pain.

My appendix ruptured when I was 15, and I can attest to the fact that the pain is excruciating. It's not the worst pain I've ever been in, that goes to a large, severe burn, but it's damn close.

Pro-tip: If your child's appendix ruptures, they WILL die without surgery.
My appendix gave out on me about 6 months ago and the pain was unbearable even though it was only mild appendicitis. I can't even imagine what this kid went through. Stuff like this makes me sick to my stomach.
RE: Parents who believe in faith healing let their child die and they go unpunished.
It's a nightmarish scenario. What I can't understand is why anyone in the justice system didn't see it this way. How could these people have gotten away with this? I don't care whether it's respecting someone's religious beliefs or not. Why couldn't anyone see that it's fucking horrific child abuse.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ex-minister of secretive sect, admits to child sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 178 January 28, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 1015 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1324 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Kenya cult deaths: Four die after suspected starvation plot zebo-the-fat 0 539 April 14, 2023 at 11:15 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13171 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 11470 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 58453 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4455 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians pray evil away on the winter solstice. brewer 9 1008 December 29, 2020 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 6197 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am