Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A One In An infinity Chance That God Exists. What Do You Guys Think?
A One In An infinity Chance That God Exists. What Do You Guys Think?
From my Blog

This is the reason I became Atheist. Imagine there's an all knowing, all powerful, benevolent God that

always existed and created everything. Now imagine there's a monkey that had a supernatural mole on its

toe. That mole fell off and had properties in it that when it fell of the monkey's toe was able to create

everything.

Which one is more likely to be the answer to how the world was created? They're both equally as likely,

right? Now imagine there's an elephant instead of the monkey, or a giraffe, or the mole was somewhere else

on the body, and so on. Therefore there being a God is a one in an infinity chance.

Now, there's the argument that you can't fathom God's existence. To answer that question two answers. I'll state the first one, which is I could just reply that you can't fathom the existence of the thing that created the universe which isn't god, and that that thing could actually be an infinity amount of possibilities which you can't fathom. Thus giving it a one in an infinity chance that there is no God, again.
RE: A One In An infinity Chance That God Exists. What Do You Guys Think?
Link removal, message. Smile
(June 13, 2012 at 8:50 pm)Shell B Wrote: Link removal, message. Smile

Looks like he added it back.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
This will end badly.
Ok, I won't self promote. Can someone argue with me please about the post

I think I have one more self promotion
this argument is just sillyness. While it is true they are both likely, to convince any of a point with this will go no where.
There's an equal 'chance' that I will awake in the morning with a stalk of broccoli growing from my left eye. Does this mean I should take this seriously or devote my life to it's 'potential' cultivation?

Occular-vegetism suggests that the left eye should be cared for more than the right eye. All left eyed vegetation not broccoli shall immediatley be placed on a grill and burned until its flesh is intistiguishable from the grill's grating. All non-vegetative substances protruding from the left eye shall require decapitation to ensure non-recurrence.

Broccoli from the right eye requires professional treatment by the way of meat sacrifices to the almighty Fertilizer (peace be upon the greatest shit giver). This is a one time chance. Recurrence of right-eyed broccoli or some other vegetation from the right eye will also require decapitation.
(June 13, 2012 at 8:59 pm)amateurlyinsightful Wrote: Ok, I won't self promote. Can someone argue with me please about the post

I think I have one more self promotion

Why? I don't actually care about probabilities. A probability of 1 is not proof,neither is a probability of say 1 in 100 million proof of a negative.

A claim can either be proved or it cannot. If not I am unable to accept any truth claim.

You have not yet earned the privilege of self promotion.
Actually, the broccoli thing is far more likely than the OP.

And man, I hate broccoli even more than jesus.
I have to disagree with you.

When we think of what defines reality, what constitutes it, we realize the reality is SIMPLE as opposed to complex (i'm talking about the essence of existence).

If something existed before everything else, whatever that would be, it would define existence.

That existence would be independant life. Now it would be powerful, but it would be simple. Yet it would have to be conscious to jump start the universe, and incredibly intelligent.

This existence can only be spiritual and of a transendent type. Therefore this rules out complex objects as Creator.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  These guys have ALL the answers Dr H 3 541 November 13, 2018 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Actual Infinity in Reality? SteveII 478 62589 March 6, 2018 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  God exists subjectively? henryp 90 12184 November 21, 2016 at 9:04 am
Last Post: Tonus
  Infinity fdesilva 55 10842 October 30, 2016 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Thinking about infinity Ignorant 71 7599 May 3, 2016 at 7:17 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Do you think the universe is real? Excited Penguin 40 5618 December 15, 2015 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Sappho
  God exists because we can imagine it Heat 46 7716 December 6, 2015 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Just read this and tell me what you think. rary 75 9449 June 3, 2015 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What do we do while deciding if free will exists? henryp 57 9723 April 20, 2015 at 9:56 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Can Infinity be boundary (only reasonable answers) reality.Mathematician 9 2389 June 19, 2014 at 4:48 am
Last Post: ignoramus