Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Words, and law and idiots.
Words, and law and idiots.
Some here have argued "be polite" at all costs no matter what. So the link to the next thread, should instil on both the people who I annoy and the people who agree with me that "never" is a horrible solution.

http://www.atheistforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34357

How the hell did we end up with ANYONE in western society in this age with politicians offended by a word that MEDICALLY describes female parts?

If a bunch of prudes can merely be offended by naming a female body part, imagine what these same assholes would do if you picked on their god.
RE: Words, and law and idiots.
Of course, when Republicans act like assholes, your solution is to act Republican.

Joy.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Rudeness is always a last resort though. If you offend first, all of your other options for debate pretty much die.
This is stupid
(June 15, 2012 at 5:29 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Of course, when Republicans act like assholes, your solution is to act Republican.

Joy.
Yea, seen this script before. You "You are just the atheist version of a republican"

Keep thinking that, not true, but delusion is the only thing that is not bias.
Brian, are you here to discuss atheism and religion or to treat us to your own personal dogma?
Trying to update my sig ...
What kind of cunt objects to the word vagina? I can't say "lady parts" without snickering.
(June 15, 2012 at 6:36 pm)Epimethean Wrote: Brian, are you here to discuss atheism and religion or to treat us to your own personal dogma?
What is the point of our profile spot "beliefs" if this was just an episode of Barny? If this was just about patting each other on the back, then why allow theists?

Look, if you don't like the boxing ring, don't jump in. I find it odd with a website that has an ignore option that you'd complain about a thread no one is forcing you to respond to.
(June 15, 2012 at 6:47 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(June 15, 2012 at 6:36 pm)Epimethean Wrote: Brian, are you here to discuss atheism and religion or to treat us to your own personal dogma?
What is the point of our profile spot "beliefs" if this was just an episode of Barny? If this was just about patting each other on the back, then why allow theists?

Look, if you don't like the boxing ring, don't jump in. I find it odd with a website that has an ignore option that you'd complain about a thread no one is forcing you to respond to.

Do you realize that you tend to turn every thread you enter into a boxing ring? In the "Brain vs Mind" thread that may have cost us one of our most interesting and articulate theists, Chad Wooters.

Not everyone is looking for an Atheists Only boys club where we can slam theists, spit and see who can piss the furthest. Some of us actually like conversing with those who hold divergent opinions. It is rare to find theists who are articulate, capable of reasoned argument and not on a mission to convert us. Chad was such a one. Please don't be in such a hurry to chase them all away.

You have a marvelous sense of entitlement: anyone who doesn't like to do things your way doesn't have to enter the ring. The trouble is, most of us are not willing to evacuate every thread you enter in order to avoid the ring you bring with you everywhere.

This wasn't addressed to me of course but then again an unlocked thread is an open thread. And anyway, if you don't enjoy a good chorus of kumbaya no one is forcing you to stick around. Oh wait a minute, you started this one didn't you? Just as Chad had started the thread you pissed all over.
(June 15, 2012 at 7:23 pm)whateverist Wrote:
(June 15, 2012 at 6:47 pm)Brian37 Wrote: What is the point of our profile spot "beliefs" if this was just an episode of Barny? If this was just about patting each other on the back, then why allow theists?

Do you realize that you tend to turn every thread you enter into a boxing ring? In the "Brain vs Mind" thread that may have cost us one of our most interesting and articulate theists, Chad Wooters.

Not everyone is looking for an Atheists Only boys club where we can slam theists, spit and see who can piss the furthest. Some of us actually like conversing with those who hold divergent opinions. It is rare to find theists who are articulate, capable of reasoned argument and not on a mission to convert us. Chad was such a one. Please don't be in such a hurry to chase them all away.

You have a marvelous sense of entitlement: anyone who doesn't like to do things your way doesn't have to enter the ring. The trouble is, most of us are not willing to evacuate every thread you enter in order to avoid the ring you bring with you everywhere.

This wasn't addressed to me of course but then again an unlocked thread is an open thread. And anyway, if you don't enjoy a good chorus of kumbaya no one is forcing you to stick around. Oh wait a minute, you started this one didn't you? Just as Chad had started the thread you pissed all over.

I didn't "Piss" on a damned thing.

Ok, lets get the mods here to set up a site where you only post in threads you agree with, and boot anyone who responds in that thread who doesn't kiss the ass of the original poster.

Which would mean, by proxy of your logic I could ask the mods to ban you for not kissing my ass in this thread.

(June 15, 2012 at 7:23 pm)whateverist Wrote:
(June 15, 2012 at 6:47 pm)Brian37 Wrote: What is the point of our profile spot "beliefs" if this was just an episode of Barny? If this was just about patting each other on the back, then why allow theists?

I have NO sense of entitlement at all where the fuck do you get that crap from?

If I am booted from this site that is the right of the owner. The only "right" i have is that the government gives me, and until they outlaw free speech, which I don't think they will, if I dont do it here I can find another home.

Quote:Not everyone is looking for an Atheists Only boys club where we can slam theists,

Where the hell did I demand that you do what I do? And where has this website demanded that it is all library or all boxing ring?

And I didn't realize this was a "boys club". So women cant handle heat or debate?
You really do come off as having a rather large chip on your shoulder, and most of your posts turn into self-justifying rants. You are obviously bright, but you spend way too much energy lambasting an issue that really isn't there. Not sure what your objective is, but it comes off as slightly cockeyed.
Trying to update my sig ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 545124 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  Sasha Baron trolls a group of idiots Nay_Sayer 0 934 June 28, 2020 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Where do these idiots come from? onlinebiker 23 2645 April 22, 2020 at 5:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Interlocutor and other ugly words. Succubus 0 207 March 29, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  For those who understand the law better than me (would you want it this way too?) Foxaèr 9 1160 July 27, 2018 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Please help me understand this Indian "law" Alexmahone 18 2405 July 25, 2018 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Cordless headphones, I don't have the words... Gawdzilla Sama 9 1493 July 9, 2018 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Words and cultural differences pocaracas 15 1788 June 3, 2018 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Words... Foxaèr 24 4171 April 3, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Words To Think About Minimalist 2 519 August 10, 2017 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist