Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computers taught to recognise cats.
Computers taught to recognise cats.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18595351

Quote:A Google research team has trained a network of 1,000 computers wired up like a brain to recognise cats.

The team built a neural network, which mimics the working of a biological brain, that worked out how to spot pictures of cats in just three days.

The cat-spotting computer was created as part of a larger project to investigate machine learning.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Computers taught to recognise cats.
In other news, the Google neural network was shut down after it was discovered that it had spent the last two weeks trolling the canhazcheeseburger network.
I read it can also recognize human sillouettes and faces. Kind of... scary.
Undecided
My conclusion is that there is no reason to believe any of the dogmas of traditional theology and, further, that there is no reason to wish that they were true.
Man, in so far as he is not subject to natural forces, is free to work out his own destiny. The responsibility is his, and so is the opportunity.
-Bertrand Russell
One of the images is showing... two cups?

Must have been Google Images.
(June 29, 2012 at 1:25 pm)Skepsis Wrote: I read it can also recognize human sillouettes and faces. Kind of... scary.
Undecided

Still very primitive. My more advanced recognition neuropathways takes me directly to tits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will quantum computers slow our Internet down? FlatAssembler 5 500 November 16, 2023 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Why are our mini-computers called smartphones? Alexmahone 57 4527 September 1, 2018 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Microsoft to dump it's computers into the sea. Succubus 26 3706 June 8, 2018 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Even the computers are Racist! Goosebump 9 1353 April 15, 2016 at 9:01 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Proving that spying on computers is a physical reality, pretty easy one too. WinterHold 2 1201 March 14, 2015 at 8:36 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  quantum computers simplexity 1 1009 July 6, 2013 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Kayenneh