Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best of atheism online
Best of atheism online
I have recently found "the atheist experience" on YouTube (an American call in tv show) it's is a great show. There host matt dilahunty speaks sense, I'm sure most here will know him and have differing views but I like him nonetheless. Since I've watched most of them and a lot of Matts and other prominent atheists debates, I was wondering if you guys could recommend any other videos/debates I may like. Dawkins, hitchens and Harris of course stand out but what are there best debates also? Thanks.
RE: Best of atheism online
Watch the intelligence squared debate with Hitchens and Fry.

Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCdnh7G87m4

But yeah, I like just going through the atheist experience vids on Youtube, there's plenty of them.
There's a quite a lot of youtube atheist videos and bloggers I'm aware of. I'm not interested in most of them and I personally don't like The Atheist Experience. Other popular ones which I'm not that big a fan of include Thunderf00t and The Amazing Atheist.

As for my recommendations, there were two conferences called 'Beyond Belief' back in 2006 and 2007 they're available on youtube somewhere. They're quite long (something like 100 parts), but I found them worthwhile. They're about the relationship between religion and science, gods, morality etc. It was attended by a lot of scientists (mostly scientists, actually), including -- but not limited to -- the horsemen (minus Hitchens), Neil deGrasse Tyson, Michael Shermer, Lawrence Krauss, V S Ramachandran, Stuart Hameroff, Ann Druyan (Carl Sagan's wife), Patricia Churchland, Steven Weinberg, eh, that's all I can remember.

Edit: Here's the first part of the 2006 one -
I'd also recommend specific youtube channels who I feel produce consistent, good quality, informative videos. Here they are:
  • Evid3nc3 - His series 'Why I am no longer a Christian' was great. Looks at the various areas involved in his own de-conversion process. Also details his new 'evidentialist' approach.
  • measureofdoubt - Although she doesn't talk about atheism, I think the things she covers would probably be of interest, at least peripherally, to someone interested in atheism / theism / religious belief.
  • QualiaSoup and TheraminTrees - They are brothers and both produce great animated videos on philosophy and psychology as it relates to religion / theism.
  • SisyphusRedeemed - Philosophy related stuff. Has some videos dismantling common theistic arguments, along with other subjects.
  • TaylorX04 - does videos about the history of Christianity, the Bible, the historicity of Jesus, etc.
  • TrustingDoubt - Has a good series called 'Christian Belief Through the Lens of Cognitive Science'. I believe she's a psychologist.
DarkMatter2525 is probably my favourite atheist channel. His sister channel DarkAntics is also pretty good, although less atheism orientated. Good to mix it up sometimes though:

http://www.youtube.com/darkmatter2525
Thanks guys, really informative posts. I shall be viewing them today.
Search for AronRa on youtube, he makes good videos debunking creationism.
(July 8, 2012 at 4:52 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Search for AronRa on youtube, he makes good videos debunking creationism.

Gotta be honest I find him the most boring atheist on the internet.
"provocative and intelligent speakers" (and two Catholic apologists) Cool Shades
(July 7, 2012 at 7:10 pm)dean211284 Wrote: I have recently found "the atheist experience" on YouTube (an American call in tv show) it's is a great show. There host matt dilahunty speaks sense, I'm sure most here will know him and have differing views but I like him nonetheless. Since I've watched most of them and a lot of Matts and other prominent atheists debates, I was wondering if you guys could recommend any other videos/debates I may like. Dawkins, hitchens and Harris of course stand out but what are there best debates also? Thanks.

“Faith is the excuse people give when they have no good reason for their beliefs. If you had a good reason, you wouldn’t need faith.” — Matt Dillahunty

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for free online platform? franzis 6 601 May 13, 2023 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Have you ever Met-up with an online Buddy? Uberpod 25 1426 December 3, 2022 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: Orbit
  Making money online. paulpablo 25 2337 September 10, 2018 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Online Privacy eggie 18 3590 May 26, 2017 at 4:25 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Online dating truthers J a c k 96 9448 August 1, 2016 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Thinking About Trying Online Dating Again - Talk Me Out of It Seraphina 62 6029 July 29, 2016 at 2:30 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Your online safety.......... Brian37 86 13666 December 5, 2015 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Online bullying? ignoramus 17 1975 October 9, 2015 at 3:38 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Back Online! AFTT47 8 1381 October 2, 2015 at 12:04 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  PSA: Online Dating BrokenQuill92 9 2418 April 6, 2014 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92