Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever Met-up with an online Buddy?
Have you ever Met-up with an online Buddy?
Did you ever meet a stranger from chat board in real life? How'd that go? Did they meet your expectations?

If you could have, but did not, why not?

I have a story to tell if you don't got anything on this....
RE: Have you ever Met-up with an online Buddy?
Tried twice, failed. Then one and died on me/us.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Yes. One from a wood working forum, a couple from a truck forum and a bunch from a car forum. Meeting worked out well, as they were screened by many months or even years, of online interactions.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Yes.

We (censored).
Dying to live, living to die.
A couple of times. Once a group of us had a coffee shop meetup, and on another occasion I met with someone to do a DVD swap.
SEC football fans tailgated together.  Big fun.  No disappointments, which likely left me as the disappointment.

Also did group hikes and canoeing trips.  Nothing weird, well, except for me.
No. I have suggested a potluck for this group.
For sure, crashed at their places, taken em deep sea fishing, a friend is a friend. Even dated one once.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I was under the impression there would be no online buddying.
Didn't quite meet anyone, but I do sometimes follow Huggy on the road to see where he goes, and I watch with binoculars and thermal cameras into his appointment.

Ha ha, jk.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy birthday Gawdzilla where ever you are. arewethereyet 6 436 January 12, 2024 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2172 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Looking for free online platform? franzis 6 597 May 13, 2023 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  How high have you ever been? Frank Apisa 27 2093 June 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1084 April 14, 2019 at 2:12 pm
  I've been there, "Have you ever"? Brian37 19 1678 November 16, 2018 at 8:34 pm
  Making money online. paulpablo 25 2330 September 10, 2018 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Ever feel like you don't belong in this world? Foxaèr 44 4813 April 3, 2018 at 5:48 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Do you guys ever wonder about..tge devil? ErGingerbreadMandude 67 6758 December 13, 2017 at 11:11 am
  Have you ever eaten cereal with water before? Virus 19 1519 December 7, 2017 at 3:55 am
Last Post: emjay