Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well this ought to piss off the Vatican
Well this ought to piss off the Vatican
Well this ought to piss off the Vatican.

The billionaire philanthropist Melinda Gates, a practising Catholic, has thrown down the gauntlet to the Vatican and vowed to dedicate the rest of her life to improving access to contraception across the globe.

Gates, who with her husband, Bill, the founder of Microsoft, is one of the world's biggest players on development issues, predicted that women in Africa and Asia would soon be "voting with their feet", as women in the west have done, and would ignore the church's ban on artificial birth control.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul...traception
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Well this ought to piss off the Vatican
It's amazing when a modern, literate, educated person would still make news by contradicting some doofus who imagines the highest possibly calling in life is to be a successor to an illiterate, antisocial, misogynistic, probably insane, provincial fishermen.
Yippee! This means that in less than 24 hours I will get to enjoy another dollop of inanity from the vacuous knob known as Bill Donohue.
Well, Cato, you know I can kind of see Donahue's point. I mean what would happen to the priests if they ran out of children to molest?
(July 11, 2012 at 3:17 pm)Ziploc Surprise Wrote: Well this ought to piss off the Vatican.

The billionaire philanthropist Melinda Gates, a practising Catholic, has thrown down the gauntlet to the Vatican and vowed to dedicate the rest of her life to improving access to contraception across the globe.

Gates, who with her husband, Bill, the founder of Microsoft, is one of the world's biggest players on development issues, predicted that women in Africa and Asia would soon be "voting with their feet", as women in the west have done, and would ignore the church's ban on artificial birth control.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul...traception

You mean Bill Gate's wife? I would be more impressed if the concept of condoms had applied to his crappy software for the past 30 years.

But having said that, as much as I hate Microsoft, I am with her. The only reason he doesn't want condoms for his followers is because if they use them, it wont produce more minions for him to indoctrinate.
I can at least comprehend why a man would want to be a Catholic - the Bible has basically given you the ultimate pass. It's extremely patriarchal and for the power hungry male who wishes to control everything - it kinda makes sense.

But a woman? I cannot comprehend why ANY woman would want to be a Christian, let alone a Catholic.

Do these women not read the bible or do they just condone god-ordained rape and slavery??!?!?

Why any woman signs up for Islam or Christianity is beyond my understanding.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(July 11, 2012 at 4:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Well, Cato, you know I can kind of see Donahue's point. I mean what would happen to the priests if they ran out of children to molest?

Funny. They could go fuck themselves and include the festivities in EWTN's latenight programming.
(July 11, 2012 at 4:07 pm)Cinjin Wrote: I can at least comprehend why a man would want to be a Catholic - the Bible has basically given you the ultimate pass. It's extremely patriarchal and for the power hungry male who wishes to control everything - it kinda makes sense.

But a woman? I cannot comprehend why ANY woman would want to be a Christian, let alone a Catholic.

Do these women not read the bible or do they just condone god-ordained rape and slavery??!?!?

Why any woman signs up for Islam or Christianity is beyond my understanding.
Well there probably is an evolutionary reason that ALL political and religious ventures in human evolution end up with men in power as the majority.

Men on AVERAGE grow to be physically bigger, and testosterone can and often does make ON AVERAGE, more men risk takers. Women who DO need more power, have the advantage of nurture and ON AVERAGE, think more about stability for the family.

But the Pope is an asshole, but he should not feel alone, because any person that says "make more babies" in our current evolution where resources are harder to get and need to be spread among more people, is simply an idiot stuck in a past.

"Make more babies" had an evolutionary advantage back then. But doing it now has only the short term advantage of benefiting the tribe. Long term the more the world, ALL LABELS ASIDE, makes more babies, is bad for or species.

So when any idiot of any religious labels says "Make more babies" , they are not thinking about the species, they are thinking about maintaining their own power.
Why would they be pissed off? Catholic philosophy (Hey god here's $50, just forget everything you saw and we won't have problems.)
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
(July 11, 2012 at 4:36 pm)JohnDG Wrote: Why would they be pissed off? Catholic philosophy (Hey god here's $50, just forget everything you saw and we won't have problems.)
Right, give me money and I will over look the fact that you are a criminal. Religion of all labels are nothing more than manifestos for the mob.

Now before the theists who read this, this is not AN ATTACK on human rights.

It is an attack on the unfortunate mentality humans can and have suffered through throughout our evolution even prior to our modern beliefs.

The more sunlight on power OF ANY KIND, and the more we as a species hold powers to account, the more we can overcome our base instinct to our desire to always be the alpha male.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to get kicked off a christian forum Drich 61 8673 April 30, 2020 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: no one
  Chile abuse priest Fernando Karadima removed by Vatican zebo-the-fat 2 924 September 28, 2018 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Vatican Children's Hospital showcasing something besides excellence in child care vorlon13 14 3464 July 19, 2017 at 1:49 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Well, shit... Now who are supposed to worship? Cyberman 20 4547 July 5, 2017 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
Sad My parents have gone off the deep end Tea Earl Grey Hot 25 6082 March 8, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  A lesson well learned from Noah..... maestroanth 48 8755 April 11, 2016 at 3:31 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
Wink Well, that was fun! Cyberman 25 3209 March 10, 2016 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Well i thought id put this here dyresand 3 1348 November 2, 2015 at 10:08 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Vatican fires high ranking priest for coming out abaris 37 7889 October 3, 2015 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Fuck Off, Xtians! Minimalist 94 20635 July 27, 2015 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink