Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:03 am

Poll: When you're talking to yourself, and no one's at home.
This poll is closed.
Are you a window licker?
0%
0 0%
Is it OK, as long as you like the answers you receive?
16.67%
1 16.67%
Maybe, but you should always respond in Morgan Freeman's voice. Titty sprinkles.
83.33%
5 83.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talking to yourself: Good or bad?
Talking to yourself: Good or bad?
I had this whole conversation with myself in chat. I found it really therapeutic; so yeah, I'm ok with it.
RE: Talking to yourself: Good or bad?
I do it often.

Who makes a polls where the answers are questions? Titty sprinkles indeed.
lol I guess I was still in that talking to myself phase. I realized and tried to edit it, but I'm not quite sure how to edit a poll; if you can do it at all.
This is something I argue with myself over all the time.

More importantly, what are titty sprinkles? Do they go directly on the ta tas? Are they edible or purely decorative?
(July 11, 2012 at 10:28 pm)whateverist Wrote: This is something I argue with myself over all the time.

More importantly, what are titty sprinkles? Do they go directly on the ta tas? Are they edible or purely decorative?

I would be willing to proffer the idea that everyone on earth regularly talks to them self. Perhaps not in an audible voice or in 3rd person, but we all indeed talk to ourselves in one way or another.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(July 11, 2012 at 10:36 pm)Gambit Wrote:
(July 11, 2012 at 10:28 pm)whateverist Wrote: This is something I argue with myself over all the time.

I couldn't stop laughing, oh wow. Why doesn't this video have more kudos? Thats one of the funniest things I've ever heard in my entire life. Everytime I thought he was bringing the monolouge to a close he just added something on the end of it that made it ten times funnier.
I need to wipe my eyes.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
I talk to myself all the time,and am often quite rude to myself. ("ya dopey old cunt;why did you put the Vegemite in the fridge?", that kind of thing).

However, I do not answer myself back and have not had an invisible friend since I was three---God was never my friend. I was terrified of him and of going to hell for being naughty. (from age 7)
I often converse with myself, usually in my mind. I'll often simulate a conversation with someone I know, used to know or some other hypothetical person. Sometimes I'll argue for and against a position and it'll help me clarify my thoughts and / or expose weaknesses in my position. I also write on and off in a diary / journal and will sometimes interact with myself via writing for my own amusement. I chastised myself last night for accidentally slipping into 2nd person; "what is this," I said, "a fucking instruction manual? No? Then cut it out!"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your area's bad ass bug(s)? Gawdzilla Sama 23 1739 November 4, 2018 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  The No Good, Bad Luck Thread Bob Kelso 4 368 September 12, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A bad day for the neighbors ... and a mystery to solve ignoramus 6 474 July 6, 2018 at 3:47 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  As you age, do you find yourself becoming more or less irritable? Foxaèr 48 8406 May 4, 2018 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Women: how do you define yourself? Foxaèr 11 1474 April 22, 2018 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  If You Did Haz A Clone Of Yourself Identical Mentally *AND* Physically? Edwardo Piet 53 8886 April 5, 2018 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Men: How do You Define Yourself? Rhondazvous 33 2418 April 3, 2018 at 5:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  How long can a Subway sandwich last in the refrigerator before it goes bad? Cthulhu Awakening 11 6483 December 24, 2017 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Good person/bad person Catholic_Lady 82 10690 October 23, 2017 at 9:18 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Do it yourself..... Brian37 17 2185 August 3, 2017 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: Astonished