Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The No Good, Bad Luck Thread
The No Good, Bad Luck Thread
Ever had a string of random bad luck, or a singular instance that left your plans spinning? Whether it’s a major event, or a minor annoyance feel free to vent and commiserate.

Tell us your stories, or even the tales of some poor shmuck you know.

For instance, I’ve got some family members that left for a huge trip overseas. They’d planned out all these things to do, sights to see, and the first exciting thing one of them gets to experience is the shower door hurtling to meet them.

On the bright side, they learned that no-slip shower floors aren’t as ubiquitous as they thought, and (perhaps at the very least) overseas emergency rooms might be different from our local ones. They might get a bit of sightseeing done after all.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
RE: The No Good, Bad Luck Thread
When I was younger, I considered myself blessed with good luck. In my thirties, I came to believe I was being punished for my earlier streak of good luck. Nowadays, I try not to worry about it, good or bad.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
A good mindset to have, worry just stresses you out.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I'll think about this tomorrow.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Statistical Improbability (Just My Luck) wolf39us 113 4806 July 16, 2020 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  What's your area's bad ass bug(s)? Gawdzilla Sama 23 1681 November 4, 2018 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4043 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  A bad day for the neighbors ... and a mystery to solve ignoramus 6 467 July 6, 2018 at 3:47 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  How long can a Subway sandwich last in the refrigerator before it goes bad? Cthulhu Awakening 11 6426 December 24, 2017 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Good person/bad person Catholic_Lady 82 10626 October 23, 2017 at 9:18 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Vaccines both good and bad? goombah111 109 15816 December 20, 2016 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Bad mornings are bad Losty 137 9750 October 7, 2016 at 9:00 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Some bad physics from Bishop John Shelby Spong. Jehanne 10 2351 September 25, 2016 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The 'Random Lyrics When Drunk And In A Good Mood' thread. Edwardo Piet 5 1660 August 22, 2016 at 7:58 am
Last Post: Brian37