Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As you age, do you find yourself becoming more or less irritable?
As you age, do you find yourself becoming more or less irritable?
When I was younger, I was the epitome of patience and keeping things to myself if someone upset me.

As I am getting older, I no longer find any virtue in quietly dealing with people.

For instance, no one has carded me for alcohol in forever because it is obvious that I am no where near twenty-one. This asshole at the gas station, even though he can conveniently claim it was his job to ask for my identification, it was all too obvious he was doing it to be an ass. I returned to the apartment around the block, got my identification, and returned to tell him this:

"Here's my ID," I said as I waved it in front of him. "Due to inconvenience, I am going to the convenience store next door to purchase alcohol. Have a great day."

When I was younger, no way would I have been bold or brave enough to have gone back there and said that to him. Instead, I would have silently showed my identification and purchased the alcohol. I find as I am getting older, I am more emboldened to directly speak my mind to those who I personally believe have offended me or inconvenienced me or upset me in some way.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: As you age, do you find yourself becoming more or less irritable?
Definitely more. There's a lot more burden put on most people as adults, than on children. Granted I had issues when I was a kid, but not the kind of problems I have now.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Less. Fewer and fewer fucks are being given with every passing year.
I feel like things irritate me more but I am less likely to react to them.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I was much more pissed off at everything when I was younger. I let a lot more go now. Just not worth my time to worry about it.

If you're not getting happier as you get older, then you're fuckin up. -Ani DiFranco
More.

Oh so much more.

The difference is that I hold it in check better.
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 3, 2018 at 4:47 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: More.

Oh so much more.

The difference is that I hold it in check better.

I'm tired of holding it in check.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Less.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Definitely without a doubt less irritable.

(May 3, 2018 at 4:36 pm)Losty Wrote: I feel like things irritate me more but I am less likely to react to them.

Hehe exact opposite of me. I rant about all sorts of shit now but it doesn't bother me like it used to hehe.
Less.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is Facebook and do you find it valuable Rhizomorph13 22 1167 July 29, 2020 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Are we becoming a masked society? Foxaèr 21 722 June 24, 2020 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  When Morons Find Each Other Minimalist 7 990 November 30, 2018 at 11:24 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  No I did not find Mich McConnell but... Brian37 8 1381 June 20, 2018 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Tell us your age with a picture Foxaèr 74 9151 May 14, 2018 at 2:53 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Women: how do you define yourself? Foxaèr 11 1433 April 22, 2018 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Find out how much your fellow forum members are getting screwed Catholic_Lady 68 7103 April 13, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  If You Did Haz A Clone Of Yourself Identical Mentally *AND* Physically? Edwardo Piet 53 8833 April 5, 2018 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Men: How do You Define Yourself? Rhondazvous 33 2399 April 3, 2018 at 5:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What’s your age and butt size J a c k 52 4742 January 27, 2018 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus