Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'...And I'm an Atheist'
'...And I'm an Atheist'
I'm sick of seeing these '..And I'm a Mormon' ads on YouTube! Can some atheist organization please start an ad campaign about us to piss off the religious?
Script: "Hi, I'm so-and-so. I wake up, go to my job at a charity organization, pick my kids up from school, take them to the park, never cheat on my wife, help the needy and guess what? I'm an atheist!"
RE: '...And I'm an Atheist'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knYOcaQ-x5o
We did- we just forgot to mention god, because it does not exist.
What the fuck did I just watch?
(July 26, 2012 at 9:50 pm)ElijahDrew Wrote: What the fuck did I just watch?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxjfGM7go...ure=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-z5T8meC84
Pad's diet:

This week I have been eating mostly baked beans.They were on spesh @99 cents a 1 kg (2.2lb) resealable jar. I really like baked beans . And farting.
That was the worst wrestling I've ever seen.

And I watched World of Sport!
Sum ergo sum
(July 25, 2012 at 10:19 pm)ElijahDrew Wrote: I'm sick of seeing these '..And I'm a Mormon' ads on YouTube! Can some atheist organization please start an ad campaign about us to piss off the religious?
Script: "Hi, I'm so-and-so. I wake up, go to my job at a charity organization, pick my kids up from school, take them to the park, never cheat on my wife, help the needy and guess what? I'm an atheist!"

I agree. Seeing those stupid ads make me want to punch someone in the face.
Tiger
I love to live, and live to love.
(July 25, 2012 at 10:19 pm)ElijahDrew Wrote: I'm sick of seeing these '..And I'm a Mormon' ads on YouTube! Can some atheist organization please start an ad campaign about us to piss off the religious?

I'm religious, but I wouldn't find "I'm an atheist" ads any more annoying than the "I'm a Mormon" ads.

Well, the ads are useful for dispelling preconceived notions about what Mormons are like. I also find the ads annoying, because I don't have preconceived notions of what Mormons are like other than the fact that they believe Mormonism. The atheists here, however, have lots of preconceived notions about theists in general (which includes Mormons)--their intelligence, their rationality, their contributions to society, and so forth. The amount of bigotry here is staggering; before I started contributing here, I thought that most atheists were just normal people, not the super-assholes you guys have here.
“The truth of our faith becomes a matter of ridicule among the infidels if any Catholic, not gifted with the necessary scientific learning, presents as dogma what scientific scrutiny shows to be false.”
i gather that (you think) you're on higher ground because you haven't the very preconceived notions that others have of mormonism, based on you saying the ads do help some of those with them.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
Quote:Well, the ads are useful for dispelling preconceived notions about what Mormons are like.

Do you mean stereotypes?

I have yet to come across a stereotype of any group which has been true for every member of that group I have met. [with the single exception of young earth creationists. SO FAR,every one I've run across has been a complete loon.I don't know any Scientologists]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 6956 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist