Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US journalism slumps to new low.
US journalism slumps to new low.
Oh Fox and CNN, how you continue to prove me right on American intelligence standards being lowered by an inept media.

How couldn't you be uninformed if you listen/watch/read this shit?

Quote:Don Lemmon asks on CNN, "Do Sikhs have any traditional enemies?"... Uhm... like mongooses are the traditional enemies of snakes?

Quote:CNN'S @DonLemonCNN speculates: "Maybe the shooter had beef with the Sikhs." Wow, Don. Maybe you might want to give up journalism for good.

Quote:CBS reporter: "the Sikh religion is based around truth and nonviolence and the Muslim religion is just a completely different religion"

Quote:Fox News asks distraught Sikh, Manjeet Mangat if there have been "anti-Semitic acts in the past against the Sikh community"

Quote:Main thrust of CNN's coverage seems to be that if only shooters had known these weren't Muslims this terrible tragedy could've been averted.

Quote:Is there a more patronizing, platitudinous thing for immigrants to be forced to say than that they are a "peaceful" community?

Quote:Classy journalism brought to you by @CNN: “Sikh people are not Muslim, but Hindu. They can be easily mistaken for Muslim or Taliban.”

http://liberalconspiracy.org/2012/08/06/...shootings/
RE: US journalism slumps to new low.
How have they managed to live so long without running themselves over or something if they are this retarded? Fucking ridiculous.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
To be fair, if any of these journalistic outfits were to show the slightest bit of intelligence, no one would pay attention to them. Americans like their news black and white and dumbed down for easy, mass consumption.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
We have the odd move towards American style media here, but it is rare, and usually pointed out.

On the BBC's website yesterday, the 3rd highest headline was 'Eastwood endorses Romney'

I promptly wrote a wordy complaint about journalism and listed why its unimportant (lifelong GOP'er, etc, who cares etc) and how there are real news stories out there, for example; Syria's civil war, South China Sea dispute, Russia's continuing clampdown on disobedience and of the continuing opposition to Putin etc etc.

I'll continue to do my bit to ensure news remains news, and not American style 'pop' news. And also to ensure that the journalists are........ journalists.
(August 6, 2012 at 8:04 am)5thHorseman Wrote:
Quote:Fox News asks distraught Sikh, Manjeet Mangat if there have been "anti-Semitic acts in the past against the Sikh community"

You can't make this shit up.
[quote='5thHorseman' pid='319947' dateline='1344254657']
[quote]“Sikh people are not Muslim, but Hindu. They can be easily mistaken for Muslim or Taliban.”[/quote]

No they arent they're fucking Sikh.

these are the sort of americans they are appealing too.

https://www.facebook.com/BreitbartOneSil...ned?ref=hl

Such a concentration of ill thought out anger.

There was a website pleading for help from psychiatrists for people who are attracted to children. Seemed reasonable, if you have those feelings better to get treated before you act on them. An ounce of prevention and all that.
But oh no, not according to these cretins, everyone who has feeling like this is the same as the worst child rapist, they were practically getting the rope ready for a lynching.

I was about to post something to that effect and then I had the jitters, as if I was about to post a picture of mohammed doing something unspeakable on an fundamentalist Islamic site.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(August 6, 2012 at 8:54 am)Faith No More Wrote: To be fair, if any of these journalistic outfits were to show the slightest bit of intelligence, no one would pay attention to them. Americans like their news black and white and dumbed down for easy, mass consumption.

Far too many Americans don't want to hear about stuff like this at all. They want to hear about who Kim Kardashian is blowing.
Who is she blowing?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

The silly thing is, is that most Sikh's I know actually hate Muslims just as much as the white redneck folk who probably think they are attacking Muslims.
Look into Indian history and you'll find plenty of violent exchanges between Sikh and Muslim populations throughout the Mughal Empire. And probably some post 1857 Sepoy Rebellion, after which, of course, we Brits decided to formally control India.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Very low fat recipes purplepurpose 39 2462 August 21, 2018 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Low self esteem, feelings of worthlessness, and lack of purpose Catholic_Lady 63 8680 August 2, 2017 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Which do you think is a surer sign of low intelligence and/or low information? Whateverist 15 4699 June 14, 2017 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Which do you think is a surer sign of low intelligence and/or low information? Whateverist 2 760 June 14, 2017 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Guilty pleasures: What low brow pursuits do you have to hide? Whateverist 77 8419 December 19, 2014 at 6:49 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Obese Teenage Americans have low I.Q. JohnDG 2 1376 September 5, 2012 at 8:31 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko