Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 4:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guilty pleasures: What low brow pursuits do you have to hide?
Guilty pleasures: What low brow pursuits do you have to hide?
Me? None. But you all must have a skeleton or two. Lets get it all out. You'll feel better and the rest of us can get a good laugh or two out of it.

Naw .. I have my share. Tonight I watched the 3 hour Survivor finale, the program that elicits the worst in human nature and uses it to sell product. Not my noblest pursuit but one I relish.

There are plenty more but that is probably the most obvious.

Anyone else?

Anyone?

Anyone?
RE: Guilty pleasures: What low brow pursuits do you have to hide?
Heh, Kitty and I both enjoy Survivor. :p
Wish I could enlighten my woman to its charms but no go. You are very fortunate.
She got me hooked on it back during the Heroes v. Villians season. I was pretty sure I would hate it.
I've been known to have opinions on everything on Germany's next top model. Yes, yes, I know it's manipulative dreck which propagates harmful ideas about everything - but it was for scientific porpoises!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Ever since I stopped feeling bad about jacking off, listening to the Cars has been my only real guilty pleasure.

Elliot Easton is a badass guitarist, though, and that justifies a lot, so y'all can fuck right off.

[Image: 20060424a2.jpg]

Just a note -- this guy is carry his hose wrong. It should be across his chest and then up over his shoulder, so that if he inadvertently discharges it, it won't smack him in the face, as it would here. But yeah, flame suit on.

Yeah, my wife got me sucked in a little to Americas next top model. That's about as low as a brow can go.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Musically, as somewhat of a metal head at heart, my guilty pleasures would include something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DSgs6GkHow

I can't help it, the guy is good Big Grin
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

I like to watch the UFC. I actually keep this hidden from some of my more sensitive liberal friends who think that sports and dumb and violence is bad.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(December 18, 2014 at 5:43 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: sports and dumb and violence is bad.

Well even if sports were dumb and violence were bad, it would still be a completely viable guilty pleasure

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2097 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3608 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  'I Spy' (or is it 'eye spy') vs 'hide and seek' Disagreeable 3 291 January 30, 2022 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Very low fat recipes purplepurpose 39 2478 August 21, 2018 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Harvey Weinstein guilty of rape charges, turns himself in dimitrios10 0 267 May 26, 2018 at 8:48 am
Last Post: dimitrios10
  Pleasures Thumpalumpacus 41 3739 January 4, 2018 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Low self esteem, feelings of worthlessness, and lack of purpose Catholic_Lady 63 8763 August 2, 2017 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Which do you think is a surer sign of low intelligence and/or low information? Whateverist 15 4720 June 14, 2017 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Which do you think is a surer sign of low intelligence and/or low information? Whateverist 2 766 June 14, 2017 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  If you have an android phone you should read this. #5 is the most shocking. ErGingerbreadMandude 7 1952 December 18, 2016 at 1:14 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude