Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wow...
wow...
i don't even have words for these articles. just happened upon this website and i'm seriously in shock.

http://christwire.org/2011/06/openly-sat...n-suicide/

http://christwire.org/2012/02/skrillex-u...?fb_ref=wp

there are so many flaws in their arguments it's pathetic.
RE: wow...
Quote:"We're not trying to promote hate, we want to show how fake the world really is," he said. "We write to see how far we can get people to believe our nonsense. People believe anything they read on the Internet." Do readers get the joke? Just like with the media, not always. Butyidas, who usually pens columns under the name Tyson Bowers III, said some of the people who leave vituperative comments don't get the irony.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/09/christwire.html
ahhhh haha i had a feeling it might be satire after i read a couple more articles after i posted this. that makes me feel better.
(August 9, 2012 at 6:50 am)ohh EPiC FAiL Wrote: ahhhh haha i had a feeling it might be satire after i read a couple more articles after i posted this. that makes me feel better.

But how worrying that it takes a bit of digging around to confirm it is a satire !

Regards

Grimesy
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

(August 16, 2012 at 6:23 am)pgrimes15 Wrote:
(August 9, 2012 at 6:50 am)ohh EPiC FAiL Wrote: ahhhh haha i had a feeling it might be satire after i read a couple more articles after i posted this. that makes me feel better.

But how worrying that it takes a bit of digging around to confirm it is a satire !

Regards

Grimesy

yeah it's surprising that we can even read stuff like that and think it's serious since there are so many in the religious communities that say very similar things.
Raping ear holes? Ecstasy is the cause of terrorism?
There is no way this is real. I refuse to believe there are people this stupid in the world.

Edit: I have a good eye for satire, it appears. Didn't read the other posts. Still, I don't think it goes to show how much people will believe from the internet, but instead how far people think others will take Christianity.
My conclusion is that there is no reason to believe any of the dogmas of traditional theology and, further, that there is no reason to wish that they were true.
Man, in so far as he is not subject to natural forces, is free to work out his own destiny. The responsibility is his, and so is the opportunity.
-Bertrand Russell
Check out the author:
Quote:Cool Tom Kimbo

I am a Youth Minister trying very hard to show children that God is more awesome than sin docking and rap.

Anybody who feels the need to put "cool" in their name, is certain to be one thing.

Uncool.

Oh, and he looks like a cunt
[Image: 8809.thumbnail.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wow Dragonetti 13 3080 July 26, 2013 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Psykhronic
  Wow, the real reason why bad things happen. Ziploc Surprise 37 13884 January 7, 2013 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: RichardP
  WOW, the Bible Agress with Atheist!!!! TRUTH1986 32 17959 June 21, 2009 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Dotard