Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WOW, the Bible Agress with Atheist!!!!
WOW, the Bible Agress with Atheist!!!!
When I first read this passage I was shocked. Shocked that my church never showed me this, Shocked that my pastor never showed me this, and Shocked that an Atheist knew that this was done well before Christ.
Jeremiah 10 2-5
"Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not."

Does this custom sound familiar? Christmas!! The lord told us not to do it, because this was done by the heathens in babylon for Nimrod well before Christ!!!!! Today's christianity is wrong!!!
RE: WOW, the Bible Agress with Atheist!!!!
(June 14, 2009 at 10:38 am)StraightToTheWord Wrote: When I first read this passage I was shocked. Shocked that my church never showed me this, Shocked that my pastor never showed me this, and Shocked that an Atheist knew that this was done well before Christ.
Jeremiah 10 2-5
"Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them."

"For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe."

"They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not."

Does this custom sound familiar? Christmas!! The lord told us not to do it, because this was done by the heathens in babylon well before Christ!!!!! Today's christianity is wrong!!!

Would have been nice if you had introduced yourself before posting this, but hey..

And yes, I agree with you that today's Christianity is wrong. However, I think that all Christianity is wrong which is probably where we diverge.

Perhaps you could go into a little more detail as to why todays Christianity is wrong and yours is right. Forgive me for making an assumption here.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Sorry, my name is Thomas. Yes, all christianity is wrong. Christ told us to beware of them.

"For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many" Matthew 24 5

Many are the christians today. Telling people that Christ was born on December 25.

I don't follow religion because the Most High never gave us religion.
Hello Thomas..

But to be fair, most Christians know that he wasn't born on Dec the 25th but instead simply choose to celibrate his birth on that date.

There are well documented reasons why Dec the 25th is used and yes, it does relate to Pagan festivals.

However, surely this isn't reason to say Christianity is wrong is it. Just what is the difference between you and Mr. Avarage Christian?
You are right about the Most High never giving us religion; it was man who did that. The "Most High" has never given us anything to my knowledge, since it has never been proved it even exists Big Grin
(June 14, 2009 at 10:57 am)Darwinian Wrote: Hello Thomas..

But to be fair, most Christians know that he wasn't born on Dec the 25th but instead simply choose to celibrate his birth on that date.

There are well documented reasons why Dec the 25th is used and yes, it does relate to Pagan festivals.

However, surely this isn't reason to say Christianity is wrong is it. Just what is the difference between you and Mr. Avarage Christian?

What is the difference between me a christian? I don't celebrate Christmas, I don't celebrate Easter(count... you can't get 3 days from Good Friday to Easter Sunday) I don't believe in the Immaculate conception, I don't hang images of Christ on my wall because the bible tells us not too. I use to follow the ways of christians, but the bible speaks against everything the christian church teaches.
No virgin birth ay?

And do you believe that the bible contains the TRUTH from cover to cover?

I'm still not sure what the difference is. Ok, so you don't follow many of the traditions associated with Christianity but in essence, surely you believe the same things.

And what is the destiny of all these people who think they are faithful and good?
(June 14, 2009 at 11:21 am)Darwinian Wrote: No virgin birth ay?

And do you believe that the bible contains the TRUTH from cover to cover?

I'm still not sure what the difference is. Ok, so you don't follow many of the traditions associated with Christianity but in essence, surely you believe the same things.

And what is the destiny of all these people who think they are faithful and good?

The definition of virgin in the bible is different than what we're being tought today. Virgin in the bible means when a woman is of age to marry(have sex) A woman was known as a virgin when her cycle started. You have to read the old testament to find this out. If you want, I'll pm you a video.
I can't tell you the destiny of those who think their on the right path because I can't judge.
Don't PM videos to people. If you have a video you think is interesting, post it! (We do have a videos section as well you know).
(June 14, 2009 at 11:17 am)StraightToTheWord Wrote: What is the difference between me a christian? I don't celebrate Christmas, I don't celebrate Easter(count... you can't get 3 days from Good Friday to Easter Sunday) I don't believe in the Immaculate conception, I don't hang images of Christ on my wall because the bible tells us not too. I use to follow the ways of christians, but the bible speaks against everything the christian church teaches.

I celebrate both Christmas & Easter; Easter with chocolates & boiled eggs with penciled on faces and Christmas with lots of prezzies, laughter, family, friends, food and booze ... the only thing that gets in the way is religion (although the earl holiday ads tend to irritate me too).

I love such times of year ... I'm an atheist and I couldn't give a flying fuck whether they are cerebrated at the right or wrong time of year.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 43907 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Atheist Bible Study 1: Genesis GrandizerII 614 63493 March 9, 2019 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Illinois bible colleges: "We shouldn't have to follow state standards because bible!" Esquilax 34 7406 January 23, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Wow Dragonetti 13 3071 July 26, 2013 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Psykhronic
  Wow, the real reason why bad things happen. Ziploc Surprise 37 13652 January 7, 2013 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: RichardP
  wow... ohh EPiC FAiL 6 2363 August 17, 2012 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Joe Dixon's atheist Bible study. Ziploc Surprise 1 1437 March 26, 2012 at 10:27 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger