Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Romney messes up again
Romney messes up again
So Romney makes another gaffe:

http://news.sky.com/story/970150/romney-...with-sheik

Quote:Paying tribute to those killed in the shooting in Wisconsin on Sunday, Mr Romney said: "We had a moment of silence in honour of the people who lost their lives at that sheikh temple. I noted that it was a tragedy for many, many reasons."

What do you guys reckon, slip of the tongue, or ignorant misuse of terms?

I'm more inclined to believe the latter, and it speaks volumes of this person's general cultural awareness.

It does scare me how such an ignorant person has a chance of becoming the most powerful man in the world.
RE: Romney messes up again
(August 9, 2012 at 8:23 am)Napoleon Wrote: It does scare me such an ignorant person has a chance of becoming the most powerful man in the world.

They re-elected George Bush. Nothing is beyond that collective stupidity.

[Image: Dr+%252814%2529.jpg]
There are far better ways to show how ignorant / stupid Bush was without resorting to doctored images.
i know its doctored.
(August 9, 2012 at 8:35 am)5thHorseman Wrote: They re-elected George Bush. Nothing is beyond that collective stupidity.

"If the terriers and bariffs are torn down, this economy will grow.”

"You work three jobs? ... Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." (to a divorced mother of three)

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

George W. Bush
(August 9, 2012 at 8:54 am)5thHorseman Wrote: i know its doctored.
Then why use it?
it's a funny pic.

[Image: george-bush-monkey-1.jpg]
To make a point?

I'm just guessing here Tiberius Dunno
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Ugh. Proves he really doesn't give a shit. I'm surprised some of my more reasonable friends have not realized this yet.
Gary Johnson 2012. America's representative for Reason and Logic.
(August 9, 2012 at 9:05 am)5thHorseman Wrote: it's a funny pic.
Don't you think using it in combination with an accusation of stupidity makes you look disingenuous? It's not an accurate photo; it does nothing to support your accusation.

In my opinion, it's a sloppy way to present an argument.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mitt Romney Style(Parody of Gangnam Stlye) Brian37 0 1195 December 27, 2012 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney Rayaan 1 1356 November 12, 2012 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  Mitt Romney Style DeistPaladin 0 1040 October 4, 2012 at 8:30 am
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Mitt Romney actually comes up with a genius idea Napoléon 15 6349 September 25, 2012 at 12:11 am
Last Post: cratehorus
  Mitt Romney’s Olympic Trouble Continues Minimalist 4 1291 July 28, 2012 at 12:55 am
Last Post: cratehorus
  Romney Finds A Friendlier Crowd Minimalist 2 1414 July 12, 2012 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Zen Badger