Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obesity.
Obesity.
The irony of Republicans who hate Obamacare, yet it is they who will likely benefit the most from it.

[Image: 20120818_wom065_1.png]

[Image: 2008-blue-states.png]
RE: Obesity.
I knew that people looked a little more portly overall around here...
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Holy shit, 20-22.4% obesity rates get a green?
obesity =/= bmi
(but i understand the point of the graphic)
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
(August 14, 2012 at 7:33 pm)jackman Wrote: obesity =/= bmi

The graphic shows the percentage of adults with BMI over or equal to 30.

That would make them morbidly obese, don't really see what you're getting at...
(August 14, 2012 at 7:46 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(August 14, 2012 at 7:33 pm)jackman Wrote: obesity =/= bmi

The graphic shows the percentage of adults with BMI over or equal to 30.

That would make them morbidly obese, don't really see what you're getting at...

bmi is body mass index. it only takes height and weight into account - therefore body type, age, sex and muscularity don't get factored in. since muscle weighs more than fat, it's easy for athletic types to have a higher bmi, yet be in much better shape and quite healthy.

for example: a 22yo male body builder would likely have a higher bmi than a non-athletic 48yo woman. but which one is likely to be more obese?
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
(August 14, 2012 at 5:34 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I knew that people looked a little more portly overall around here...

"Portly" what a coy euphemism for 'morbidly obese', or as we call them 'great big fat fucks' Tiger

THIS is a GBFF:

[Image: dilemma_poster-320.jpg]

THIS is not

[Image: whitepower.jpg]
Yeah that's very true, I've always had the same issue with BMI.

But in fairness, there's likely far more fatties included in that BMI score than body builders Smile
i agree. it's definitely something to keep an eye on either way.
They do seem to try to make it an art form.

http://voices.yahoo.com/deep-fried-butte...html?cat=5

Quote:Deep Fried Butter Tops Texas State Fair Fried Food Finalists

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I think Homosexuality leads to AIDS and obesity Renug 13 3486 May 29, 2017 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Rant about weight, fat acceptance, obesity and health Dystopia 49 9254 October 30, 2015 at 11:17 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Child Obesity BlackSwordsman 5 1615 June 2, 2014 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen