Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a particular website
Looking for a particular website
It's been a while since I decided to get into a debate, and I'm looking for this one link that I've since lost.

I've spend the past 3 hours looking for it, but I simply can't find it using Google alone; too many of the same links keep turning up. I recall trying to find it using Google before and it didn't help.

I found it using stumbleupon. I tried to go through my likes, and I tried using some search parameters to make it easier, but no dice.

I signed up here just to ask for help. I figured I'm not going to be the only one to recall it.

Now to describe the site:

It was based against Christianity in particular. It was an atheist site for sure. I remember it used a lot of red. It was split into what I !think! were 4 chapters and with plenty of sub-sections. It was NOT a blog and was aesthetically pleasing; it was definitely developed with a graphic designer. It used split lists often and plenty of references of the bible.

I think it started with how there were a lot of different accounts of jesus. I remember it being fairly comprehensive and easy to understand without overwhelming amounts of text. For some reason, I keep thinking it's related to http://www.ifeveryoneknew.com; I suspect it's because I found them around the same time (perhaps similar titles?).

It's unfortunate that it's come to this. I don't like asking other folk to search for me, but I strongly suspect that I'm not the only person who's turned to this site as a reference.
RE: Looking for a particular website
Did you search through your "browsing history" for the website? If you haven't, then see if you can find it there.
http://Truth-saves.com
Pretty awesome site.
(August 16, 2012 at 4:27 pm)Rayaan Wrote: Did you search through your "browsing history" for the website? If you haven't, then see if you can find it there.

He'd be an absolute noob if he didn't search his history.
Yes, but there is nothing wrong with being a noob. We were all noobs one time. Big Grin
Truth saves was it! Thank you ElijahDrew!

Wow, I can barely believe this worked so well.

Mind = blown
(August 28, 2012 at 3:24 am)SebDays Wrote: Truth saves was it! Thank you ElijahDrew!

Wow, I can barely believe this worked so well.

Mind = blown

This website is pretty good too:

http://www.evilbible.com/

It covers a lot of ground. I found out about the rape of Midianite girls from Dawkins' God Delusion. But this website give TEN different verses on rape. It's really comprehensive. If they don't extend my 3-day ban in Christian Forums, I will be going back to do a debate there. I will be relying on this website for many of the verses.
Evil Bible used to have a pretty good forum but the admin was fucking crazy and ruined his own board.

There are quite a few refugees from there who have made it over here at one time or another.
(August 28, 2012 at 12:06 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Evil Bible used to have a pretty good forum but the admin was fucking crazy and ruined his own board.

There are quite a few refugees from there who have made it over here at one time or another.

The evilbible.com I'm talking about is not a forum. It's a site all about wrongs in the Bible. I found the site last week when I was arguing with someone on Christian Forums and he insisted there was objective morality given by God. He insisted that an atheist could not answer the question if rape was ALWAYS wrong. I remembered Dawkins talking about the rape of Midianite girls by Moses and men so I did a search on google and evilbible.com appeared. I found it quite good because it gave me 10 different examples of rape in the Bible with God either agreeing to it or directly encouraging it.
(August 28, 2012 at 12:06 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Evil Bible used to have a pretty good forum but the admin was fucking crazy and ruined his own board.

Oh absolutely amen to that. Those were really fun times as long as you kept your head down. All respect to Chris but it did often feel like living in a world with an unstable god at the helm. It really was a graphic illustration as to why there can't possibly be a god in the real world. Reality simply cannot work like that.

However, the main non-forum site is still up and running.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information [Serious] How many reasonable solutions are there to any particular social issue? Prof.Lunaphiles 69 7040 April 11, 2020 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Dedicated Atheist Website Atheist95 21 2204 November 15, 2018 at 4:02 am
Last Post: Chicken
  Looking for comments / ideas for WIP project ABCs of Atheism Judashpeters 18 4564 April 9, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Judashpeters
  Atheism Looking Good! TrueChristian 52 7429 February 15, 2016 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  christian looking to understand athiests msid 212 34584 August 21, 2015 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  JW looking clarity followup Won2blv 108 11354 April 27, 2015 at 12:43 am
Last Post: Aractus
  JW looking for clarity Won2blv 44 7168 April 19, 2015 at 8:08 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Tentatively Christian; looking for a reasonable discussion GriffinHunter 216 31030 March 26, 2015 at 6:03 am
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  atheist looking for advice jackriot100 56 9566 February 15, 2015 at 5:02 am
Last Post: emilynghiem
  Looking for religion-free charities watchamadoodle 7 2243 December 6, 2014 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut