Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
christian looking to understand athiests
christian looking to understand athiests
hello,  i am a born again christian who is looking to understand and discuss your reasons for being an athiest. i am NOT here to argue or change your mind.
RE: christian looking to understand athiests
Atheists not interested.
Welcome Smile

I'm an atheist because I don't believe in any claims of deities that have been brought to me. Simply: there isn't enough evidence that I've seen.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Welcome Smile

What Becca said.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Welcome. Why did you convert to christianity? Why did a story written a book convince you so much that it actually happened?
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
Welcome. Likewise I have no interest in converting you to atheism.

However I have no justifying reasons for why I am an atheist. I simply don't find that I believe any of the god claims I've ever heard. So long as 'gods' are understood to be something "supernatural" I have no hesitation in tossing them in the bin for silly things.
Hi msid! Hi Welcome to AF!

Here's your welcome waffles!
[Image: Cinnamon-Roll-Waffles-2.jpg]

I'm an atheist because I find the idea of a god absurd. It's entirely unsupported. There just is no reason to believe he exists.
(August 18, 2015 at 2:25 am)msid Wrote: hello,  i am a born again christian who is looking to understand and discuss your reasons for being an athiest. i am NOT here to argue or change your mind.

You may find that sifting through the introductions of atheist posters here helps you understand the variety of reasons why people are/become atheists.

I think most of us would say that the utter lack of evidence and reasonable arguments, combined with common sense, convinces the typical atheist that there's no real reason to believe in the existence of a god or gods.

Hope that helps.
Sporadic poster
Why did you stop believing in Santa Clause?

Same reason.
You don't believe in other religions except your own, right? Similarly atheists don't believe in any religion including yours. Simple!

Welcome to the boards though. You will hopefully find a few like minded people here too.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me understand you better pokey555 12 1779 August 10, 2021 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: UniverseCaptain
  Why don't some people understand lack of belief? Der/die AtheistIn 125 21989 April 20, 2018 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Looking for comments / ideas for WIP project ABCs of Atheism Judashpeters 18 4545 April 9, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Judashpeters
  The "Hang On You Don't Understand The Scriptures' Excuse JackRussell 27 7092 July 11, 2017 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Athiests are bitter? Soldat Du Christ 60 11801 April 14, 2017 at 2:06 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I don't understand it: Why am I not confietable with the label "Atheist" ReptilianPeon 15 4023 April 28, 2016 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Atheism Looking Good! TrueChristian 52 7330 February 15, 2016 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  JW looking clarity followup Won2blv 108 11266 April 27, 2015 at 12:43 am
Last Post: Aractus
  JW looking for clarity Won2blv 44 7110 April 19, 2015 at 8:08 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Tentatively Christian; looking for a reasonable discussion GriffinHunter 216 30981 March 26, 2015 at 6:03 am
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01