Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dedicated Atheist Website
Dedicated Atheist Website
Hello everybody. I am wondering about starting a dedicated atheist website to spread information and
awareness around atheism, science and the destructive power of religion. Is this something people here would be interested in?
I have poked around and could not find anything with worldwide coverage and focus on information.
If you would be interested, what sort of content would you like to see on such a site? Any feedback is appreciated.
RE: Dedicated Atheist Website
Really, the only thing any of us have in common with one another is the fact that we do not subscribe to the belief of a god or gods.

You don't need a website for that. Maybe that's why one hasn't really been created after all this time?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I've never felt the need to proselytize atheism to the masses.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
Hi - and no, most atheists wouldn’t want that in my experience. Herding cats comes to mind.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(November 14, 2018 at 1:18 am)Atheist95 Wrote: what sort of content would you like to see on such a site? Any feedback is appreciated.

Nothing! Which is exactly what atheism is. We don't claim anything.

No different to me starting a website about non belief in unicorns!
Or a website for non stamp collectors!

you get my drift...
Big Grin
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 14, 2018 at 1:18 am)Atheist95 Wrote: Hello everybody. I am wondering about starting a dedicated atheist website to spread information and
awareness around atheism, science and the destructive power of religion. Is this something people here would be interested in?
I have poked around and could not find anything with worldwide coverage and focus on information.
If you would be interested, what sort of content would you like to see on such a site? Any feedback is appreciated.

Perhaps a site devoted to attacking (and thereby improving) the poor arguments that so many atheists make.

If truth is the goal, simple-minded snark hurts more than it helps. 

If snark is the goal, there are already sites for that.
(November 14, 2018 at 1:18 am)Atheist95 Wrote: Hello everybody. I am wondering about starting a dedicated atheist website to spread information and

Most of us are already aware of atheism and the destructive power of religion, and so would have little use for such a site raising awareness of these things.

Many of us already have varying degrees of awareness and understanding of science, and so whether we'd find that site useful would depend on how detailed and thorough it was.
Being an antipistevist is like being an antipastovist, only with epistemic responsibility instead of bruschetta.

Ignore list includes: 1 douche bag (Drich)
Quote:what sort of content would you like to see on such a site?

1.  Video links to Extreme Nude Frisbee competitions.

2.  How To Skin A Ferret.

3.  Recipes for freshly skinned ferret.

4.  Long, torturously convoluted discussions about the finer points of Finnish heraldry.

5.  How to spot transvestites before it's too late.

6.  Gladitorial combats between the more elderly members of the royal family (I hear HRM is a dab hand with the trident).

7.  The site should sell lots of things, like herbal remedies for  erectile dysfunction and home dentistry kits.

This is just off the top.  If more occur to me, I'll be sure to let you know.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Forums such as this are more than enough.

Seems to me the market is crowded already.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for a particular website SebDays 18 5132 August 28, 2012 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  I started my own atheist website... mosler 13 5667 June 6, 2009 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: g-mark