Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Kind of Shit Really Pisses Me Off
This Kind of Shit Really Pisses Me Off
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic...egral.html

Quote:Arizona State University has one of the most heavily subsidized athletic programs in major-college sports, a practice that has been attacked at other schools by critics who say the money could be better spent on educational purposes.

Since 2005, ASU has given more than $80 million from its budget to help run its money-losing athletic program. The subsidy is double the University of Arizona's and is bigger than the subsidies at all but four major-conference schools during that time, according to an Arizona Republic review of NCAA data collected from universities.

One of the "punishments" handed out to Penn State for failing to risk its football legacy by reporting their coaches were butt-fucking children in the shower ( how very catholic of them!) is that they are "only" allowed to have 65 players on scholarship for the next 4 years... instead of the 85 that other schools....who presumably do not routinely sodomize kids.... can do.

85 football scholarships? I wonder how many scholarships are given out in the math and physics departments?

And people wonder why American education is in the shitter.
RE: This Kind of Shit Really Pisses Me Off
(August 19, 2012 at 4:17 pm)Minimalist Wrote: 85 football scholarships? I wonder how many scholarships are given out in the math and physics departments?

And people wonder why American education is in the shitter.

It'll so ok whilst the H-1B visa is still around. Although the Asians have started taking their knowledge back to India and China and not so much to Silicon Valley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK0Y9j_CGgM

But when they all go home, or the Republicans stop or lessen the amount of visas, you're going to be stuck with quarterbacks working at NASA Tongue
Quote: ASU's subsidy was the equivalent of salaries and benefits for 88 more full-time faculty, according to The Republic's calculations based on average pay. The $10.7 million was the equivalent of about $147 per student.

ugh
In any crime....follow the money.
I'd be pissed off too. Min

Here in sports mad Australia there is no public interest in high school or college sports,so no sports scholarships.

The best send-up of the US system I've seen was in "Forrest Gump". Good Ole Forrest has an IQ of 70,but can play football. So naturally , Forrest gets a college football scholarship and actually graduates.

Here,the neanderthals who play Aussie rules are lucky to have finished high school. After footy they typically become sports commentators or get a new car franchise,which someone runs for them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happens if you "tell" a police to f**k off? Freedom of speech? Duty 16 1037 April 17, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do conservatives believe the shit on Fox News? Spongebob 119 8905 August 31, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Lame Duck Shit Show brewer 46 2092 November 12, 2020 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Theresa May seen off the coast of Blackpool Cod 0 325 March 11, 2019 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Cod
  Coming From Anyone Else This Would Just Be The Usual Nauseating Shit Minimalist 3 826 October 24, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Yeah, we Know. Pence Is A Piece of Shit, Too Minimalist 0 575 July 29, 2018 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Just heard this bat shit insane idea... Brian37 13 1570 July 20, 2018 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Fuck You, You Orange Piece of Shit Minimalist 24 3059 June 18, 2018 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Propheting off dead kids. Gawdzilla Sama 15 1327 May 23, 2018 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This Is The Kind Of Dumb Shit We Get Running in Arizona Minimalist 7 1216 May 20, 2018 at 8:15 am
Last Post: brewer