Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft decided to pull this add, I wonder why. (pretty graphic warning)
Microsoft decided to pull this add, I wonder why. (pretty graphic warning)
[youtube]xB9fhjnJcB0[/youtube]

How they ever got Dean Cain to do this commercial is beyond me.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: Microsoft decided to pull this add, I wonder why. (pretty graphic warning)
(July 7, 2009 at 5:18 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: How they ever got Dean Cain to do this commercial is beyond me.

Actually I thought it was quite funny ... but then I like tasteless adverts LOL!

Simples!

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
I thought the marketing dept. of Microsoft would have anticipated the shitstorm of complaints they would get from this one.

As for the joke, I liked it when the Monthy Python crew did it in "The meaning of life" but that was for the brilliant timing and excellent delivery.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(July 7, 2009 at 5:30 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: I thought the marketing dept. of Microsoft would have anticipated the shitstorm of complaints they would get from this one.

Well if Madasafish had to pull their advert (Harry Enfield and Churchill) then I guess MS would have to pull that one ... I'm not offended by many things ... stuff against kids makes me angry as does mindless racism, sexism and utter stupidity (of which I can also be guilty) ... I still like the advert.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!

What I don't get is how a decision to only let users run 3 applications at once got through to a stage where they actually announced it...

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/246859/windo...books.html
So what was the web site?
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
(July 7, 2009 at 7:31 pm)Tiberius Wrote: What I don't get is how a decision to only let users run 3 applications at once got through to a stage where they actually announced it...

And then (predictably I suppose) the thread became an MS bashing one!

Kyu
Angry Atheism

That post (adrian's) was rather off topic wasn't it Tongue
As funny as this advert is, it doesn't beat the two banned Xbox adverts.
Hoi Zaeme.
(July 8, 2009 at 10:06 am)rjh Wrote: That post (adrian's) was rather off topic wasn't it Tongue
Just pointing out another instance where MS let something slip through further than it should have...only I think my example was more hilarious. I mean, even with all the MS-bashing put aside...3 application limit? Seriously? Wasn't there a single person who stood up and told the guy who suggested it that it was the worst idea ever?
(July 8, 2009 at 10:24 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(July 8, 2009 at 10:06 am)rjh Wrote: That post (adrian's) was rather off topic wasn't it Tongue
Just pointing out another instance where MS let something slip through further than it should have...only I think my example was more hilarious. I mean, even with all the MS-bashing put aside...3 application limit? Seriously? Wasn't there a single person who stood up and told the guy who suggested it that it was the worst idea ever?

What are you talking about? You are a man you are not supposed to multitask. Cool Shades
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The new Wonder Years Foxaèr 16 1367 September 15, 2021 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: no one
  We decided, that we would have a soda WinterHold 4 685 January 30, 2020 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Ever Wonder Where FOX Trains Its FOX FUX? Minimalist 1 259 June 22, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Ever wonder if they let your vorlon run the Kiss Cam ?? vorlon13 2 498 September 19, 2017 at 3:37 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Pull the spindle out of his butt, shove it in his mouth, and cancel his TV show ! vorlon13 7 853 April 5, 2017 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Pretty good mood lifting song Heat 0 1018 November 16, 2015 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: Heat
  Funny...and probably pretty close to the truth Minimalist 2 1050 August 21, 2015 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: AshTreeLane
  Our Friend Satan - hilarious graphic novel about depressed Satan and DIABOLICAL POPE satan_buttercup 0 798 August 19, 2015 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: satan_buttercup
  Warning: Veggie Tales in the House Ben Davis 15 4860 December 8, 2014 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  And people wonder if god has a sense of humour Justtristo 0 762 October 15, 2011 at 7:45 am
Last Post: Justtristo